Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
vizsla01

deep cycle battery question

vizsla01    0
vizsla01

Hey guys I have a question about my deep cycle battery, where should the water level be at, and if it is low do I use distilled water, or will any water do? Thanks in advance!

Whoaru99    0
Whoaru99

Usually, for batteries where you add water, there are like extensions on the bottom of the holes where the cell caps go in. The proper water level is at the bottom of those extensions so the water is just touching them.

Distilled water is preferred/recommended...

tonyjor    6
tonyjor

you could also see if it has a "cat's eye". It will be a small round window on top of the battery. If it's green, it's good.

BobT    104
BobT

I always thought those "cat eyes" were there to indicate state of charge and not fluid level. Have I been mistaken?

Bob

New Yankee    0
New Yankee

Distilled water for sure. Using regular water will allow the minerals contained in it to attach to the lead plates with over time (and dependent on the amount of water of course) will reduce your batteries efficiency.

As far as level, I've always filled the cells to the bottom of the cell plug receptacle, there often is a groove cut from the top to the bottom, just until it touches the bottom and it seems like the liquid 'puckers' a bit. Hope that made sense.... confused.gif

tonyjor    6
tonyjor

Actually, I think you're right BobT. I was getting mixed up. Green "dots" mean a good charge and you fill the water until it makes a "cat eye" shape in the receptical.

waskawood    0
waskawood

Quote:

Distilled water for sure, or if you can find electrolite at a battery place all the better.

What is electrolite? Acid? I was told to never add acid to a battery other than when originally filling them.

New Yankee    0
New Yankee

Waskawood - was thinking more about electrolyte and my answer. Did a bit of checking and I'm wrong, you should only add electrolyte to new unfilled batteries then charge. Seems adding it to replace evaporated water will alter the chemical make up (makes it stronger, which is logical) and actually reduces plate life of the battery.

My bad blush.gif, just stick w/distilled (I edited off my poor advice on the earlier post...)

waskawood    0
waskawood

No problem Yankee. I wasn't sure what it was. Have a great Labor Day weekend.