• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Few weeks ago I had to back up and do a double-take as I drove past Wilsons Marine. There was a new pontoon boat on the side lot near the road with ---TWO-- 200HP Evinrude ETec engines on the rear. It was only there a day or two, so I assume it's on the lake now.

How fast can a 400hp pontoon boat troll?

That was probably one of the resident barges on the lake,(just monster-sized pontoon boats) they haul building materials and such to the islands and no-road access mainlands.

Did you notice the size of the thing ?

I saw this at the Landing in July. The guy punched it when he left. Would have put most bass boats to shame....

Yikes......

Quote:

That was probably one of the resident barges on the lake,(just monster-sized pontoon boats) they haul building materials and such to the islands and no-road access mainlands.

Did you notice the size of the thing ?

No, this was a plushly appointed recreational pontoon of the brand that Wilson Marine carries. Not a work barge! Rough guess about a 28-footer. The Evinrudes were mounted on the rear of each tube, and had counter-rotating props.

I think the family that owns Premier Pontoons has a place on west end of Vermilion. Their brochures sometimes have pictures shot on vermilion.