Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

HansB

Few weeks ago I had to back up and do a double-take as I drove past Wilsons Marine. There was a new pontoon boat on the side lot near the road with ---TWO-- 200HP Evinrude ETec engines on the rear. It was only there a day or two, so I assume it's on the lake now.

How fast can a 400hp pontoon boat troll?

upnorth

Must be after some pretty darn fast fish eh??

WalleyeWeasel

That was probably one of the resident barges on the lake,(just monster-sized pontoon boats) they haul building materials and such to the islands and no-road access mainlands.

Did you notice the size of the thing ?

Silver Scale

I saw this at the Landing in July. The guy punched it when he left. Would have put most bass boats to shame....

Yikes......

MT Net

That's a lotta' gas goin' down the carbs!

HansB

Quote:

That was probably one of the resident barges on the lake,(just monster-sized pontoon boats) they haul building materials and such to the islands and no-road access mainlands.

Did you notice the size of the thing ?

No, this was a plushly appointed recreational pontoon of the brand that Wilson Marine carries. Not a work barge! Rough guess about a 28-footer. The Evinrudes were mounted on the rear of each tube, and had counter-rotating props.

LunkerBaitCo

Were there any planes taking off from it? grin.gif

delcecchi

I think the family that owns Premier Pontoons has a place on west end of Vermilion. Their brochures sometimes have pictures shot on vermilion.