Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HansB

Whose pontoon?

8 posts in this topic

Few weeks ago I had to back up and do a double-take as I drove past Wilsons Marine. There was a new pontoon boat on the side lot near the road with ---TWO-- 200HP Evinrude ETec engines on the rear. It was only there a day or two, so I assume it's on the lake now.

How fast can a 400hp pontoon boat troll?

Must be after some pretty darn fast fish eh??

That was probably one of the resident barges on the lake,(just monster-sized pontoon boats) they haul building materials and such to the islands and no-road access mainlands.

Did you notice the size of the thing ?

I saw this at the Landing in July. The guy punched it when he left. Would have put most bass boats to shame....

Yikes......

That's a lotta' gas goin' down the carbs!

Quote:

That was probably one of the resident barges on the lake,(just monster-sized pontoon boats) they haul building materials and such to the islands and no-road access mainlands.

Did you notice the size of the thing ?

No, this was a plushly appointed recreational pontoon of the brand that Wilson Marine carries. Not a work barge! Rough guess about a 28-footer. The Evinrudes were mounted on the rear of each tube, and had counter-rotating props.

Were there any planes taking off from it? grin.gif

I think the family that owns Premier Pontoons has a place on west end of Vermilion. Their brochures sometimes have pictures shot on vermilion.