Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10,000 Casts

Tower Deer Stand Question

4 posts in this topic

I am building a fully enclosed tower deer stand. I would like to go to 16 feet. My question is.... will 4x4's support a 4'x6' blind at 14 of 16 feet if I fully support it with 2x6's, or do I need to go with 4x6's? cost is an isssue. Any suggestions are certainly welcome and helpful.

Thanks,

John

The 4x4s will be just fine, thats what we got on our 'Possum Lodge' stand. Three of us fat farts sit in it together for lunch sometimes.

I used (6) 4X4'S ON MY 5'X 8' stand with lot's of bracing and it seems to be doing fine.

"hooks"

4x4's are certainly strong enough, just make sure at that height that your stand is stable. (i.e. dig the legs in a couple feet or add some lateral bracing.)