Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan_V

Winter question

9 posts in this topic

I just purchased a fish house on mille lacs. my ? is when do they usually put them out???? I'm getting very excited about being up there this winter!!!

Mine was pulled out on 12/30 last year. They weren't pulling the big ones though, I have an 8x12.

A lot depends on where on the lake you’re located and construction of the house. I have a 10’ x 20’ put out on December 23rd last year.

going out of Garrison Sports, and the house is 10 X 16.

My house (8x16) is out of Lyback's on the SE side of the lake, and it generally goes out right around Christmas. Two years they actually were putting houses out all day on Christmas including mine. Guess where I was on Christmas night?

Quote:

Two years they actually were putting houses out all day on Christmas including mine. Guess where I was on Christmas night?

If you were single at the time, you spent the night fishing. If you're married, you probably spent the night in the Emergency Room after suggesting spending the night out fishing..... grin.gif

Quote:

going out of Garrison Sports, and the house is 10 X 16.

It all depends on Mother Nature.....

Your area is usually one of last places to pull out big houses, the south bays freeze up first.....I wouldn't get my hopes up for December but ya never know......Ice heaves and cracks are also a factor....

Mine was pulled out the 19th of December last year. Barnacles Resort on the north end.

Quote:

Quote:

Two years they actually were putting houses out all day on Christmas including mine. Guess where I was on Christmas night?

If you were single at the time, you spent the night fishing. If you're married, you probably spent the night in the Emergency Room after suggesting spending the night out fishing..... grin.gif

Isnt that the truth!!! lol