• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I know alot of guys will be fishing all fall but for some of us labor day weekend is sign of seasons change. I love fishing but I can't wait to put down the rod and pick up the gun and bow. If I'm lucky i will maybe get out on the pond one more time trying to fine tune what I learned from Tom. Maybe take a trip to the Root river if we get rain at the end of Sept. But that will be about it. This weekend I'll be in the boat but my eyes will be glued to the sky for geese.

Where will you be fishing this weekend? You ever wonder where the summer went. No matter how much you fished it just wasnt enough. Good luck where ever you may be. cool.gif

Ran,

Good luck on your holiday weekend fishing plans. I work two out of the three days this long weekend so I'm thinking that I will not make it out during that time. I'm going to try and get out on a couple of the inland lakes this afternoon and tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend with what ever they planned.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Outdoor Ran -

I seen your post in the Goose section. Did ya find a partner for opener or the weekend? I'm going to be out on the St Louie also....alone. Just going to "see what happens". 10 Gauge is begging me to be broken out.

Good luck to all hunting, and lets bag some birds~!

Oh great 1 more FMer shooting over my head as the Lund cruises by them on the River. grin.gif

Really though good luck guys. Its not like there is a shortage of geese on the river. You cant walk at any landing without having to dodge their stinking droppings. Get some of them out of there guys.

Be Safe!

Heres a question for you Steve...i am going to call the DNR to hopefully get a good answer also.

Where along the river is the end of the city of superior? I have seen tons of blinds around boyscout landing, but the plots map i was looking at shows the end of the city limits to be around oliver bridge...

Where are others thoughts on here 'bout hunting?

Ran...good luck this weekend on the geese. We have to go to a wedding, so won't be able to fish or hunt. Early goose on the river should be good. This cooler air is starting to feel like fall. Finished details for a couple pheasant hunting trips last night and grouse opens soon, too. I will still try to get out on the pond a few more times before the season closes.

PW, Ive been told by the warden that we can hunt any where south of the arrowhead fishing pier on the Wi side only. Duluth dosnt allow it on there side but it goes on. There is a border line for hunting. Its tough finding a spot that isn't already taken. Just remember to be the legal distance from a dwelling also.

I will need a partner during the week after the opener. If your interested.

Although schools starts on Tuesday, my classes don't start till 1, and my job requires me to be present by noon. So, M-F i am open from anytime in the AM, till 11am or so...

email me when your out...and want some company. I'm always game.

Is there a place along the shore (anywhere)...where a guy can drive his truck, park it, and take the ATV out closer to shore, set dekes up, and hide the ATV in the woods or top of the hill?

I need to get my butt out there and hceck things out..unfortunately, the ATV i purchased isn't ready for pick up till night tomorrow. gotta mount all the accessories etc on 'er.

Ok, just stopped @ the DNR office to get stamps etc. Grabbed a map that was marked wtih the no hunting zones.

Appears the space between the swing bridge(Arrowhead pier actually) all the way up to the entrance to Allouez bay is off limites. (you can hunt in allouez bay)....

Wood ie even most duck hunters dont know the exact boundries as I have found out. I do know that some areas where guys are hunting would seem to be in Mn/Duluth but they are not from what I have been told by DNR.

Best thing to do is get the map you did and then try to find a spot. Like Ran said there arent many areas if any that still have space.

First day i'll most likely jot down as a crap shoot. I intend to do better during the following week. I assume there will be many who took Friday off work to hunt opener, as well as the weekend....but come Tuesday when folks gotta head back to work...i think it will calm down quite a bit, and should be ok for placement. I think i can deal with that.

Woodie

I can hunt Fri. give me a call I know where I will be hunting laugh.gif. Steve we will try to help out on the poop problem hope it is good hunting.

Randy, I saw your note in hunting regarding birds. We usually do a game farm hunt or two prior to pheasant opener as a tune-up. Your welcome to join us,,,would just need to let me know how many birds you want for your dog. Perhaps some of us would want to do a FM hunt? Also, another option is we will probably purchase some birds (pheasant, chukar) wholesale and use them for training in the next few weeks. Again, you would just need to let us know how many birds you want. Anyone else is welcome to join us...just let me know. We usually work on quartering and flushing. Some of the guys have pointers too. I have a flusher. Just depends who we go with.

I'll give you a call today Tom. See what the scoop is.

I gotta get out to Gander and pick up some shells as well as the post office for a Fed stamp.

I will be goose hunting in the am will let you all know how the shooting whent steve we will be up river. So look out for flying steal confused.gif.