• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trade evaluation... you be the judge!

buzzsaw

Hello fellow fantasy Football experts and rocket scientists. tongue.gif

I need for you guys to give me some feedback on a trade proposal given to me.

I have the #1 overall pick in this years draft (Reggie Bush)

another owner has offered me the following:

Willis McGahee, Larry Fitzgerald and the #8 overall pick

For.....

My #1 pick (first overall) and my #2 pick (#13 overall) and Rod Smith.

My roster is as follows currently in this 12 team keeper league:

Bulger

Vick

Ronnie Brown

Portis

Javon Walker

isaac Bruce

Mushin Muhammed

Rod Smith

Jeremy Shockey

No kicker or Defense as they were cut before the draft this year.

I want your opinion. wink.gif

So Basically you are trading:

Reggie Bush

Rod Smith

and pick # 13

and you would get:

Willis McGahee

Larry Fitzgerald

and pick #8

This is how I look at it.

You give up your #13 pick to get #8= good move

You give up Rod Smith to get Larry Fitzgerald= good move

You give up Reggie Bush to get Willis McGahee= uncertain since Bush is unproven.

If it were me I would just debate that last part. The first two parts of the trade are in your favor since you move up in the draft from #13 to #8 and you are gaining a receiver who should catch 10-12 TD's easily this year.

I would look at a few things, whether Bush is a starter right away and also the o-lines for Buffalo and New Orleans. If one of them has a terrbile o-line then you might not want to invest in that RB.

Also you should look at what you would most likely be getting with that #8 pick will that player fill a need for you?

Its a tough call becuase you just don't know what Bush will do. If it were me I might go and do the trade. The only way it might not end up in your favor is if Bush turns into an Alexander or LT type RB. If you think he will be that kind of guy then you might want to hold onto him.

Another thought though is your recievers are all getting very old. (Bruce, Smith, and Mohammed) You might want some young blood in there. But anyways atleast 2 out of 3 parts of this trade look to be in your favor, and depending on Bush maybe all 3 would be.

Alot of random thoughts here but hopefully its helpful.

Tough to say without knowing the rules of your league.

How many people does your league hold on to every year?

Any restrictions on how many times you can keep a player year to year?

I'm guessing by the size of your current roster that the drafts aren't very deep so that #1 pick is very big. Larry Fitzgerald would look very nice on your team but I'ld have a hard time passing up a chance to take Reggie Bush in a keeper league especially when you already have Ronnie Brown and Portis.

How many RB's can you start on Sunday? If you end up with Bush, Brown, and Portis but can only start 3 guys you will need to figure out who to sit down. Maybe you could use the odd man out in some sort of trade for a younger stud WR.

It's abasic scoring league for TD's and some bonus points... We can hold onto as many players as we like, but if they get traded or become a free agent and change teams you lose him or have one "franchise tag" you can use, you only get one tag and it lasts for two years... so you must really think about whom you tag. The first two rounds have good players with the young rookie hopefuls usually going first ie... Bush, Moroney, Addai, DeAngelo Williams etc... I've received feedback from guys in the league that I would be getting the better of the deal by a fair amount, but you just don't know what Reggie Bush will end up doing....

Just saw Nofishermans post and we use a variety of "formations" so the bye weeks don't hose you... you can do the spread formation and start like 4 WR's and one RB or the "power formation" and go with more RB's than WR's and there are two others, I just forget them right now.... anyways, very flexible to a teams strengths.

Here are the options....

RB:

Bush

Moroney

Addai

DeAngelo Williams

Mike Bell

Duckett (my crutch w/portis)

Barlow

Lendale White

Mike Anderson

WR:

Burleson

Moulds

Keyshaun Johnson

D. Stallworth

Chad Jackson (eyeing for the future)

Lelie

Stokely

Kerry Colbert

Santonio Holmes

TE:

Vernon Davis (who I hope falls to me)!!!!!

Leonard Pope

Eric Johnson

QB:

Cutler (eyeing strongly for the future)

Culpecker

Bree's

Rivers

Carr

Griese

Leinart

McNair

I'd jump on any of those top four rookie backs if they were to fall to #8, I doubt any will... therefore I'm hoping Vernon Davis is there for my future or Cutler for the future.... I have Shockey at TE so Cutler may be a better play here for me.

Out of that list I would hope for 1 of the following with the 8 pick.

Bush

D Williams

Maroney

Addai

V Davis

J Cutler

Leinart

Your list may be different but unless someone else is picked in the top 7 you wouldn't get any of these players at the 8 spot. Of course Bush isn't a sure thing by any means but it would suck to be kicking yourself for the next however many years if he really turns out to be a stud.

Maybe after the draft if he gets someone you like with the 8 pick you can make the trade if you want.

I think I would take Leinart over Cutler given the choice. Leinart has two absolute stud recievers to throw to. And with Warner as the #1 guy in Arizona you can bank on Leinart starting sooner.

I'm hoping Vernon Davis, D. Williams, Cutler and Leinart are there for the pickings....

I would make the trade if I were you. Remember 3 years ago McGahee was a can't miss stud. In 04' he had 1128 yards w/13 TD's and last year was an off year he still had 1247 yards w/5 TD's. The Bills can only get better on offense as losman gets more experience. Bush will split carries for at least a few years with Duece.

Larry F can anchor your WR core for the next 5 years (at least).

In a mostly scoring league you may want to consider Lendale White or even Stallworth who had 8 TD's his rookie season and 7 TD's last year for the Saints. Also Javon Walker could be available unless he was tagged.

Good Luck

Buzzsaw,

I'd do it, Fitz is the best player in that deal. If he were older I might second guess it.

I had my draft tonight and it was unanimous league wide I did the right thing... I also made a few more trades and ended up drafting maroney second overall and Leinart 5th overall.... nice future in this keeper league.

New roster:

Bulger

Leinart

Ronny Brown

McGahee

Moroney

Javon Walker

Fitzgerald

Mushin Muhammed

Isaac Bruce

Santonio Holmes

Shockey

Leonard Pope

Vanderjagt

Colts defense

I think you made the right move and did well in the draft. Your draft might not help you alot this year but over the next 3 years I bet you will see it pay off big.