Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Minnesota Fishing Report Clubs - ONLY 20 FREE MEMBERSHIPS Per Area - Join Today - FREE   03/08/2018

Fishing Minnesota has added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. Initially we are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20 members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want see detailed fishing reports/tips  around your area and will share your detailed fishing report as soon as you join, then Join Now! Some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Report 8/5-8/12

Sorry for the late report but I have been off for two weeks this month and I'm just getting around to reporting on our trip to LOW in early August.

I am from the Milwaukee area in WI and this was our second trip (last year was the first) to the big lake. I spent the prior few months reading the posts on this board and listening to the North Country Outdoors radio show. We were all extremely pumped to get up there given how the season was going and were hopeful the bite would hold up for us.

Well, the bite did obviously hold up for us and then some. Over the course of the week we boated numerous (to be honest..I lost count but it was in excess of 30 and 8-10 in one day)fish over 26", biggest being 29.5 (we had 3-4 of those). Spent alot of time trolling to 30-33' area from Zipple up to near Long Point. Riggers, leadcore, and long lining deep divers all caught fish for us. We also took advantage of the one dead calm day we had to run up to the Bridges area. Caught a bunch of fish up there too including a 28" on a crawler/spinner rig. Reason we ran up there is last year, my then 7 year old son popped a 30 + incher, caught by himself on a crawler/spinner so he condiders the North Bridges Reef HIS spot, if you know what I mean.

Prior to the trip I read the posts by your friend WalleyeJon about the pattern he was on in late July so I emailed him. Turns out he is a fellow cheesehead and was nice enough to offer to come out with us and show us around. Coincidentally, we were out w/ WJ on the evening of Saturday 8/5 and were blown off the lake by the storm that caused all the damage in Warroad that night. So, WJ, I hope everthing is ok with your boat and trailer situation and I cant thank you enough for filling us in on the hot crankbait and showing us a few of your spots. I will let him divulge the bait but we did catch most all of our big fish on it that week.

As a side note-being from Milwaukee I spend a fair amount of time on Winnebago throughout the year and you guys would not believe the in-fighting on the Bago message boards about guys posting spots and patterns. One guy I read about wont post anymore because he had a note on his windshield at the landing that if he did not stop posting he would have his tires slashed. Then here is WJ, who gets an email from a complete stranger and offers to show me how to fish the lake. I thought that gesture showed alot of class, class that we just dont have here in WI unfortunately.

Overall, I have to also thank everyone here who posts and to Curt Q et al from the radio show. You guys maybe dont know how unusual it is, at least in my experience, to have a group willing to post REAL info and how unusual it is to have a radio show that reports real info on how to effectively fish your lake.

The combination of WalleyeJon's help, your posts here on the board and the NCO radio show really contributed to the trip of a liftime for me and my son.

Thanks again and you can be sure we will be back next August. Have a great year.

curt quesnell

I am real glad you had a good trip. Its a long way to

go for disappointment.

We have an almost zero amount of the bikkering that seems

to be the mainstay of many of the top websites. That's

why I have left them all for F/M.

Hey, my Son lives in Appleton (speaking of Winnebago). He

manages the new Guitar Center store. So I expect to spend

at least some time in Wisconsin. Maybe you can slip me

a hotspot or two someday.

sachem longrifle

On of the reasons I am moving back to minnesota....

But anyways, I agree. It seems nobody on this site is afraid to give tips and spots and tactics. I have a fall trip planned for LOTW(been up there in winter, never the fall) and this site has been a great aid in planning. I never knew there was a fall shiner run till I found this site!! Did you camp or stay at a resort?

Well warhawk, I couldn't be happier that you guys had good fishing. So far the old adage of what goes around comes around, has been true to form for me when it comes to sharing fishing info......of course your bribing me with Point Root Beer didn't hurt either. LOTW is such a big body of water, my telling someone how and where I've been catching fish doesn't bother me a bit. Actually, I get a little touch of "puffy chest syndrome" when someone does well based on my advice. With that being said, anyone who is heading up to the lake in the near future should try drifting some crawlers over the sandbar by Whiskey won't be disappointed.

Oh yeah, congratulations warhawk, I saw Forbes Magazine named Milwaukee "America's Drunkest City"....they couldn't have done it without ya.

First, Curt, I'd be happy to tell you what I know about Winnebago anytime. I'm just a weekend warrior so what I know typically isnt much but I'll help where I can. Also, I'm going to have serious withdrawal problems until the radio show kicks back into gear in November!!

Second, WJ, you forgot about the 30 pack of Bud Light part of the bribe. Yes, after getting blown off the lake we just about polished it off that night. You would fit in with us here in Milwaukee real well!!

Thanks again and we will be in touch.