• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just an observation

eyepatrol

While vacationing at Vermilion last week, my wife and I went to the Vince Schute Wildlife Sanctuary near Orr one of the days to look at bears. First time I've ever seen one close up. Man do those things have bellies on them....some nearly dragging on the ground. Kinda reminds me of myself! blush.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

First time I've ever seen one close up. Man do those things have bellies on them....some nearly dragging on the ground. Kinda reminds me of myself!

Was that white bear I seen really you? grin.gif Seriously, I was there a few weeks ago and some of those bears just get huge.

A few of them did look pretty big, although I really don't know what "huge" is since I've never seem them close up before and I've never hunted them before. I don't have a clue on what the bigger ones weighed, but I would shoot a guess out there at maybe 350 or 400 pounds????

What does bear taste like anyway? Is it any good, or do ya pretty much hunt them for the hide and population management? (I have no clue)

Not a big fan of bear meat, but if it slow cooked and prepared like pulled pork it isn't bad. I think it is really rich and sweet.

The best thing about bears are when you gut them, they dont stink, dont ask me why they just dont.