Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rippenlips

Daiwa SG27LCA

10 posts in this topic

going to try leadcore for the 1st time this week and wondering if this reel if big enough for lead core. It says it can handle 360yards of 14lb line? I know the lead core is allot thicker than 14lb. Just trying to get your thoughts.

It will handle a few colors but not a 100yd spool.

what is the best way to spool this stuff. I was told to super glue the line to the spool and start reeling it in?

I have that same reel, but plan on using Power Pro 10/2. I have never owned a baitcaster in my life. I'm currently waiting for my Loomis crank rods to come in the mail. How do I put this power pro on this thing. Thanks for the help guys laugh.gif

The sg47lca will hold 100 yards of 27lb test lead.I put a little duct tape around the spool to get the line started.Just the lead though no backer,ive never fished deep enough to use all ten colors so for me it works.As far as putting power pro on the 27 you will need to use backer.I keep around 300 feet of pp on the spool.Make sure you put enough backer on so when you spool up your pp the reel is at full capacity,this helps to get an accurate reading on your line counter.

What do you mean by Backer. Thanks eyes

backer is just mono that I put on the spool to take up space on the spool.Usually just some old line that id be throwin out anyway.some folks tie their backer line to the line their gonna use but I dont bother.

If the lead core is a different color every 30 feet, why do you need the line counter?

thanks

Koldfront..Your right the line does change colors every 30feet,and its not critical that you have a line counter.However for me the line counter adds a little bit more on repeatability if im trolling a certain depth and say inbetween colors.Im not sure how much difference in price there is between a line counter and one without,but to me its worth the price.

Understood, thanks.