Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moses2531

Shetek or Lac Qui Parle?

5 posts in this topic

Buddy of mine and I were thinking about getting some fishing in over labor day, just wondering if there was any sort of walleye bite going on this time of year... We're down at school in Sioux Falls so we're thinking either Shetek or Lac Qui Parle would be our only options... Thanks!

I have never fished Lac Qui Parle in my life, but Shetek is real slow right now.

Spent 6 hours on LQP Saturday with little results. Caught a 12 inch walleye and 14 1/2 inch walleye, striper, and 15" crappie. Was a beautiful day to be on the lake!

Never fished LQP so I can't help you out much there. I've been to Shetek twice the last week and is slowly picking up but still hit and miss. There's only been 1-2 trailers at the Vahalla landing each day which is really slow. I've been fishing from shore. Caught 2 nice eaters on Sun. night around a 1 1/2. Caught and released a beauty (about 5 1/4) on Wed. evening. Also caught a few crappies and a stray perch here and there.

Thanks for the help, I bet a solid lake like Shetek is getting all set to heat up for the fall bite though, so hopefully some of you guys will start getting some of those nicer fish! Unfortunatly I don't think we're gonna get outta football to get any fishing in, but I do appreciate the help, I'll be up there sometime to get fishing!