Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huskie

Need help fishing out of Knife River

10 posts in this topic

We need to drop my son off at the U in Mpls on Friday morning, have been reading that Superior is producing as of late. As a result I have convinced (I think) my better half to continue north on I 35 to Duluth. It will be my last trip out on the big lake for the year on dads boat at the Knife Marina. Has anyone fished out of that area lately or is most of the action out from the pumphouse to the state line? We have had good luck in the Stoney Point area in the past. Sounds like the bite is right on the bottom and a lot of meat-dodger combos, may give that a try. What color spoons have people been running. We have four downriggers and it will just be the two of us fishing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I haven't been out of knife in a while. Bottom is obviously pretty deep in that area but if I were going there I would run a spread between 70 to 140 down and vary your speed to see what they prefer. Underwater temps may change around a little by then, too.

We went out of the knife public launch sunday morning ,,,headed west to Stoney Point,,,picked up our first laker a little after 8:15 am and we had our limit of 6 by 10:10 coming out of 165 FOW to 140 FOW using spoons pink with black dots and purple with black dots ,,hope this helps

Randoid

I went out of Knife yesterday with my buddy Loonasea. We fished Stoney point with spoons near the bottom in 150' of water. We had out limit by 10:10. Started at 7:30 am. Biggest was almost 20 lbs. Who needs meat rigs?

Wade

Who needs meet?????? Well you had a great AM glad you had found some some fish that is great laugh.gif. But there are days if you do not have meat you are sunk from my time on the lake well good job. You must change with the water temps and current in the lake and hope you are where the fish are????? : smirk: I hope your next trip is as great as this one was good job cool.gif......

Ok, where is Stoney point now?? how fast you going??

Tom...I was being sarcastic. I was extremely happy we did as well as we did. I am alwasy willing to learn new stuff.

Stoney point is about 1 mile west of Knife river.

hmmmmmmmmmm, pink with black dots ?

Ya we dont have many of those do we dave? grin.gif

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like the weather may be a problem on Sat. We will be heading up Friday morning, if anyone else has any info by then please post,will let you know if we do any good, pink with black dots hmmmmmmmm, thanks.