Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noel Schmieg

Pool's

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! i'm kind of new to river fishing. i just don't get what everyone is talking about pool? can someone fill me in on where the pools are by?,i fish down by U of M at the locks. i been doing really good down there for cat & some flats.

thanks for yours help.

Noel Schmiegums@yahoo.com

The pool is the part that is filled up behind the dam like a pool. The part down stream from the dam is the tailwater. So, pool 2 is the water backed up by Lock and Dam #2 which is by Hastings. Pool 2 extends up to the Ford Dam which is Lock and Dam #1. Pool 1 is above the Ford Dam. Upper and lower St. Anthony Locks don't have a pool designation. Those are the ones by the U of M.

The rest of the pools along Minnesota are pools 3-8. Dam #3 by Red Wing down to Dam #8 by Genoa, WI. There are more lock and dams south of there, but we won't worry about those. cool.gif

Thanks for your help Jolly T. how i know what your all talking about now have a good day & fish ON!!!!! cool.gif