• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The famous black 219F Stratos is for sale. Due to a new job, relocating and some very nasty medical bills I need to sell my boat fast. This boat has been my baby for many years and has always been stored inside. If it was not that I absolutely had to sell the boat I would have kept it for a long time.

7vw6.jpg

img0716mq1.jpg

1993 Stratos 219F single counsel with one of a kind custom ordered colors.

1998 Evinrude fuel injected FICHT Intruder with a BRAND NEW Evinrude installed lower unit. The motor has also been updated with all the factory upgrades.

1)Four blade Renegade stainless prop

8cf7.jpg

2)Zero torque Hydralic steering system, yes you can steer it full throttle with a finger tip.

3)BRAND NEW Set back Jack plate with driver foot controls

4)Two year old Minnkota 65lb thrust Power Drive with Auto Pilot

5)X-15 Lowrance sonar/gps

6)In dash flasher

7)Ultra light drop in rear casting deck

8)Bow and stern live/bait wells with timed circulation pumps

9)Huge 60” live well with timed recirculation

10)Under seat cooler (3 livewells and a drainable cooler. You could use this boat as a bait hauler or use them for dry storage)

11)3 bank onboard charger

12)New starting battery and two trolling motor batteries (I replaced every year needed or not)

13)Auto bilge paired with manually controlled bilge

14)Custom rod holder mounts with two RAM rod holders

15)Hummingbird Marine band radio and amped antenna

16)Front and rear trolling motor 12/24 trolling motor receptacles.

17)Lockable rod storage that will hold 10’+ rods

18)New white lettered trailer tires on chrome rims including spare tire and spare wheel bearing set (I always kept one on hand)

19)The trailer was re-bunked and repainted two years ago with very good paint.

20)sealed system LED trailer lights

21)New wheel bearings with very few miles (every spring)

22)Bow storage, stern storage, under seat cooler, mid ship dry locker.

23)Bow and counsel 12v power ports (cig lighter style)

24)All new non abrasive 3M traction tape in place of messy rubber treads.

11pa9.jpg10pc6.jpg

2ji9.jpg

6ab1.jpg5vh2.jpg

sizedboatpicsxa6.jpg

This boat does not have any major damage of any kind. It does have few minor scratches from years of use but nothing noticeable or bad at all.

As far as specs and fish ability;

The 219 was the boat to have if you where a pro walleye fisherman, pro musky fisherman, a Guide that needed a safe boat with lots of room or if you wanted the security and safety of big deep boat with the speed and handling of a low profile bass boat. With the 219 you can have the best of both worlds.

This is a very fast boat (60mph loaded) that is deep enough to handle rough water and safely contain kids but still very fishable with the large casting decks while maintaining that sleek “no messing around” look. It can actually serve the married guys great; he can fish off the front deck and the rear deck is large enough for the misses to lay in the sun and kiddo can play in the middle without easy escape over the edge, or you can pop out the rear deck and take three of your buddies trolling for walleyes…everybody is happy. Not to mention the motor is very good on fuel.

Every switch, light, beeper, latch and function works on this boat other then the horn, sometimes it needs a little wiggle to work and I do have the replacement switch on the workbench.

I must have $9000 to pay-off the bank (dang divorce refi) and release the title. Since I need to sell it fairly quickly I am selling it at rock bottom or for what is owed so I can pay medical bills instead.

Email any inquiries to [email protected] Since I work on the road and I am gone days at a time I will answer emails as soon as possible.

No personal checks, must be certified funds or cash.

This post was moved from another forum

Quote:

I wish I could afford a boat like that... but then again I would need to afford a vehicle to pull it around with too.
laugh.gif

Funny thing is back in the day the Toyota and Stratos where both new items. I pulled that boat around for many years with a V6 Toyota or what the Tacoma is now. We didn't set any land speed records but we got to point B from point A every single time. Work trucks came and went but that little Toyota seemed to like pulling that boat.

As far as the transducer and cover...little bit of a story. I currently have an x-19 on the counsel and an x-15 on the bow. Many years ago I promised the x-19 to a friend if I ever sold the boat so I will put the x-15 on counsel and remove the x-19 from the package, a promise is a promise. The trolling motor does not have the self contained transducer; I tried a couple versions and was very unhappy with it so I went back to the cable run down the trolling motor shaft. The x-15 that will be on the counsel will read at full speed, I went through great length to make sure of that when the new units where installed. So no transducer or unit on the bow when it is sold. P.S. The X-15 may have a few waypoints left on it, what do you guess those are worth? wink.gif

The cover; Yes I have a custom built cover made by Canvas Craft. Great cover...two years ago. When I got robbed last year the front of the cover around the trolling motor got a star shaped tear in it and the cover was custom built to cover the both the main motor and the kicker motor. Well the thieves ran into a few problems. First they couldn't figure out how to untie a knot so they tore the front of the cover a little and did enough damage to the kicker I would not feel comfortable selling the kicker with the boat. The throttle linkage is all busted and ignition leads are messed up. They tried to jerk the kicker motor off the back of the boat with the linkage connected. So you now have a big pocket for the kicker hood that has to be bungee corded up in a bundle when you travel with the cover on not to mention it floated in a road ditch for two weeks getting discolored until it was found, the crooks tried to cover the load of stolen stuff with it. So yes I have a cover that still does seal it up and keep the weather out even when traveling but it looks like heck, it was a nice cover before the crack heads got it. It does come with the boat.

The boat is 19' hence the 2"19", the trailer does have a removable tongue with two pins incase the garage is too short, other wise the wife parks outside.

hey Jon - email me i got a few questions about the boat for ya.

matttreno at hot mail

I replied to emails with a phone number under my signature. I am replying to emails on the road. Working one job on the road and a second on the weekend nights has me running pretty hard, but I will make time for you guys to look at the boat week nights or weekend mornings.

It was going to sell tommorow but that fell through at the last minute due to the poor fellers vehicle issues. So it almost went already.

Holy Bat dash! Batman!

Awesome boat guys! If I didn't buy my boat a year ago, I'd be all over this one!

Jon, are you selling the waypoints separatley? hehehe wink.gif or is it a package deal...

You gonna be back home soon? Let me know, I'll be up there some this fall, maybe we can wet a line.

Good luck!

Ken

I recieved a solid /confirmed offer and the boat will be held until Thursday night.

I will post if it sold or not Thursday night.

Thank all 32 of you that called or emailed I do apprecaite it.

I can now lay my head to rest because I have seen it all.

After two very long nights of answering questions going through every single function the individual decided not to buy the boat because Evinrude motors can't be trusted...I wish some one would have told me that when I was hauling clients with young kids across windswept Leech or crashing headlong into the wind on Mille Lacs.

confused.gif

That said I can not afford any more time pulling this boat around and spending 6 hours answering questions. It is a used boat either you want it or you don't. I am working two jobs and trying to move so if you want to screw around and kick tires to bad for you, go buy a Lund.

I have a few calls to make to guys that already got in line (Steve B first then Terry F) if those two inline do not purchase it is back on the open market so you may want put your name in now if you are interested.

Jon,

I feel your pain. If there is anything that I can do to help you out, I'm just a phone call away. BTW I really resent the Lund comment frown.gif Just trying to make you smile bud smile.gif

Jon

It will sell as it is a very nice boat well set up.I dont know why but when a guy is selling things there are always people that pretend to be interested until its time to open the checkbook.As Paul stated,if there is anything I can help you with just shoot me a e-mail.

Have a great weekend.

I quess they couldn't see that it was an evinrude engine in your pictures!!!!!! I mean come on You only have a full shot of the engine alone. I even called the BOSS to come and look at, and made her read that it a great married guys boat seeing that we are getting hitched this month, to no avail though. That is a sweet looking rig wish I could sell mine and get yours. Good luck.

Ok it sounds like 85% percent of the male population is letting the wife wear the pants. So please ask you wife permission before you come see the boat or tell me to hold it so you can get a check cut. confused.gif ...and poeple ask why I won't get married again. wink.gif

The boat is on the open market again. Although during this coming week it will be hauled down to my new home that is about an hour south of the cities. So if you want to see it better do it quick or you'll have a drive ahead of you.

mtreno, give me a call if you want to look at it.

Shoot me your south address. I am in Rochester and and 50/50. But I would just like to come and see it and take up 15 min of your time.

Peace and Blessings

Quote:

Ok it sounds like 85% percent of the male population is letting the wife wear the pants.

This made me laugh but I feel for ya.....too bad I already have a ride. Guys, this is a sweet ride.

mtreno.......pick it up and take me out in it!

I see Jon is having some problems with folks picking apart his boat.

Let me share a story from the last time we went fishing regarding his truck (which merely pulls the boat, and is in no way, shape, or form equal to it). We had just come back to shore after a night of fishing, and we had to trailer the boat. In the process, I got a little sand on my shoes. After shaking them off, and jumping in the truck, I crossed my legs......big mistake. The sole of my shoes (with perhaps 6 grains of sand on them) glanced his dash.......I thought he was going to make me lick it clean. Let's just say Jon is particular about his fishing equipment, and takes immaculate care of it.

As for the boat, it is what it is, a great used boat for the money. However, rest assured, that the "used" portion of that statement should have an asterisk behind it for the good care he takes of it.

Good luck with the boat Jon,

Joel

Hey bud, I would have to agree with you on this one. My good friend who I always fish with, has the same 219F (in diff. color) and I could not think of a better boat to buy. Honestly, If I had the money I would probably offer 10K just so I could be sure to get it.

This is a good boat people...

From my past experience dealing with Mr Jon P.,he was honest in what he told me and the condition of the sale items were as told.One honest dude as far as my dealings with him. smile.gifAll items were like brand new yet still used.He took very good care of these things.

One item I purchased from him was a trolling motor.I had a couple wires wrong and talked to him and he said if something was wrong he would see that it was taken care of.Later found out it was just a loose connection for the auto pilot.

Look out boys. The fellow that bought my boat may just be a little crazier then I at the helm. Once he gets the feel for that rig I'm sure you will know when he's coming...I would just get out of the way. laugh.gif

OK, whos taking me fishing? wink.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

Look out boys. The fellow that bought my boat may just be a little crazier then I at the helm. Once he gets the feel for that rig I'm sure you will know when he's coming...I would just get out of the way.
laugh.gif

OK, whos taking me fishing?
wink.gif

Did Dennis buy your boat? grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Look out boys. The fellow that bought my boat may just be a little crazier then I at the helm. Once he gets the feel for that rig I'm sure you will know when he's coming...I would just get out of the way.
laugh.gif

OK, whos taking me fishing?
wink.gif

Did Dennis buy your boat? grin.gif

Let's see if he can climb a tree with this one .... grin.gif

Congrats on the sale Jon! I hope everything works out for ya and that you're back on the water asap with a diff. rig!

all i have to say is wow - i think i moved my ears back about 2 inches last night..... thanks again Jon you really took good care of this rig.

Cool, glad to hear you got it! Spring and Prior will never be the same!

I think it's all because of that Chigger Brumbalow video we saw! Open 'er up and throw that rooster!

that is funny i was acting like chigger all night - we had a hoot out there! got a few dirty looks but i was being safe and keeping my distance..... course i think i made it from the access to the ski ramp in about 5 seconds

"those must all be rentals"

got to chuck some baits tonight but i cant make up my mind where to go. maybe harriet - but its hard making tears run from my eyes with just the trolling motor - maybe french - but its so green right now and the access sucks and it really stinks (smell) - thought maybe tonka - but all the people..... course i could see how she handles in the waves

"Uh oh, water patrol, I always make the water patrol guys nervous"!

Congrats on the purchase, I'd say tonight go where you can run it a bit! Moon makes it appealing to spend a little time out after dark, something for you to consider.

Sounds like you have the jack plate/trimm combo figured out. Trouble with that boat is you run out of lake fast.

P.S. When a jet skier ticks you off you can catch up to them...freaks them out big time when that black bow comes creeping up along side of them. wink.gif

Hey Jon,

Went out with Lals a couple weeks ago in his new Ranger, that thing can rip too! 250 Yammy make short work of WBL, and I'm sure he wasn't even 1/2 throttle!

Caught a 'ski and had a couple more almost go on my neighborhood lake over the weekend, so let me know if you ever have an itch! Things are picking up!

Quote:

Hey Jon,

Went out with Lals a couple weeks ago in his new Ranger, that thing can rip too! 250 Yammy make short work of WBL, and I'm sure he wasn't even 1/2 throttle!

WBL has a 35 MPH limit incase you didn't know.