• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2006 Annual Diamond Lake Tournament Results

Just like last year, the weather turned out to be perfect for an excellant day of fishing. For some teams the walleyes cooperated and for others it turned out to be a tough bite. The tournament started at 7:00am the morning of the 19th and ran until 2:00pm that afternoon. Seven teams showed up for this annual event. Hopefully it will continue to grow each year. The interest was there, but many teams had other commitments that day. At the end of the day, four of the seven teams brought in fish to be measured. Like last year, team Pietig brought in some real nice fish. But unlike last year, Bryan was fishing with his brother Kyle this year. The two of them brought in a six fish limit, with the fish measuring 23",21",19",18",18",and 17". This was more than enough to take home first place. Coming in second was my brother and I with four fish and third went to team Coleman. Team Johnson also brought in one fish. I would like to personally thank all who participated in this years event and hope everyone will return again next year for the annual diamond lake walleye tournament. Congratulations to team Pietig on being the 2006 champs.

Picture below is of team Pietig with some of there winning fish. [image]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/walleyeking_2006/#[/image]

It nice to see that there is fish in that lake. Every time i have been there fishing has been SHITTY!!!

I think I speak for all when I say we really appreciate the amount of time walleyeking has put in to the league and tournaments. It was good to see a few more fish get caught than last year with a bunch of short fish coming from everyone the way it sounded, couldnt have asked for better weather after a few days of crap. I hope I will be living closer next year so we can get back in the league as well.