Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wiskers

St Cloud Area?

11 posts in this topic

Any good catting spots near St. Cloud? I am heading there Sunday morning and will be there all day. I have a shool Monday and will be heading back Monday night.

Any pointers?

I usually fish By monticello, from my limited catfish experience, its your typical channel catfishing. I use crawlers/cutbait/frogs in fast current at night. I have some stuff to do sunday morning/day but hopefully I can get out for the evening bite. I have a spot that was real good, but has been alittle slower as of late. The river is alot shallower/clearer than you are probably used to. If you are interested in some evenign fishing in the Moni area shoot me an email tipt @ gmail.com and we could meet up.

I might have to drive a little. I have fished below the dam there before, not real exciting. Maybe I can find some spot for some smallies or something. Not fussy, just want to do some fishing and some catching.

I will be on the road heading south by 0900 am.

Wiskers...

There are some great spots more towards Clearwater with deeper holes and woody debris close by... Been seeing many cats in the fast water but the bigger ones still hanging deeper during the day... drop me a line

(in profile), I should be able to point you to a couple areas...

Well I got back in one piece. First day was not good. Fished from shore all day and did not land a fish. Water was so very low and not knowing where I could access the river for good spots I did not have much luck. Luckly I ran into Mike, He was up for some fishing and he took me out in his LoPro. That was a blast. We got onto some fish but it was still a bit slow. Never the less, I was in a River pro, on the water and catching fish.. It does not get any better than that.

Thanks a million Mike. I owe ya one.

Check out the video running the rock rappids.

114101.jpg

Way Cool guyz!@!

Sorry for the bouncy vids... It was not windy at all, all the white water you see and the waves are from boulders just below the surface of the water.. I would like to see even an outboard jet try that stretch with out tearing off the motor.

I have to tell ya, I cut out part of the video..... The darndest thing about racing down that river... The wild life is not scared of boats at all.... The ducks and geese do not even move.. they just sit there until you almost run over them and they are all over the river in big flocks... You can not avoid them. Wow that was wierd. All you would need is a RP and a dip net and you could save your self some big $$ on shot guns. LOL...

Wiskers, was that you I bumped into in the lot below the college in St. Cloud on Sunday? I had my wife's Camry that day.

Grant, you mean by the boat ramp at the college? It was a red Ford F250 all lit up? No boat, just shore fishing? Bright green shirt and fishing rod? Nope was not me... LOL ya that was me.. grin.gif

cool- small world (cliche I know)

too bad I didn't have any gear with me that day~ I used to fish the Beaver islands quite a bit back when I went to school at SCSU- best classes I ever skipped! even a bad day fishing is better than a good day (insert non-fishing activity here)!