Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

8/26 update

3 posts in this topic

Started off in front of the bluffs got two eaters 15 1/2 -17" early on leeches, moon glow hooks, went across to the cove picked up a sauger 14", then back across and bottom bounce my way back down river picked up two more eaters, should of spent the morning bouncing with spinners (Gold )and a crawler but at least I got five to show for the effort, plus a mix of species caught, trip planned again in the early morning. wink.gif

Sounds like you did ok out there walli1. We tried around some of the areas you did and caught a sheepster and one good sized channel cat. We headed up river and found some sunfish, a 15 inch sauger and another eater channel cat. I am still suprised I am not catching more sheephead out there. I did see quite a few sheepsters caught by another boater on minnows though. I used mainly crawlers, but we did get one channel on a leech. Water temp was 73 when we started and 74 when we left. The boat traffic did not get heavy until around 11 am.

I went back to bottom bouncers seems that its the best way yet to put fish in the boat when the bite is slow, you can cover more water a get the bait infront of hungry fish.