Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeltjen10

Lake City Area Fishing

8 posts in this topic

I'm heading to Lake City this weekend to take my mom & Fiance Fishing. My mom would like to catch a few panfish rather than just trolling for the walleyes. I usually do very well on Pepin with the Walleyes but just for a change of pace I was thinking about taking her to Lake Zumbro to try and catch some crappie and sunnies. Is there a map of the Lake Zumbro online anywhere? are there any limitations on boat size, I'm going to be launching a 18.5' crestliner. Does anyone have any tips or hotspots that I can find these fish for her.

thanks

Your boat will be fine in Lake Zumbro and I'd recommend launching at the Ponderosa ramp. It’s free and will accommodate your boat nicely.

For fishing, you should be able to catch numbers of white bass just about anywhere, but I’ve heard Ryan’s bay if chuck full of those buggers. For crappies and pannies, you might want to try suspending your baits over deeper water. The high banks are a good area to try.

See this thread for a map.

Map of Lake Zumbro

With all the rain yesterday & last night, the no wake may be enforced? Where is this posted - Olmsted County site?

how deep does it get? I typically would fish from 10-15 ft. Would you recommend some live bait or jigs & crankbaits? Any other areas near Lake City besides the river that I would be able to take a bigger boat on?

In several areas near the high banks, its 20-30 feet deep. Plastics or live bait would work. Waxies, small hunk of crawler, or even perhaps crappie minnows would work. I'd personally lean towards wax worms or plastics.

I just recieved an email that Lake Zumbro is now on "SLOW NO WAKE" status.

Lake Zumbro is back to Normal Operations in terms of its high water status.