Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NEANGLER

Dog Kennel operation hit by Tornado

3 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine named Bob Walker of Pro Dog Trainers had his kennel hit by a tornado today by Le Seur/Le center area. His girl friend just got a hold of my buddy and we did not get a lot of info except that it had got hit and he has some dogs missing. Funny/ thankful thing is I was supposed to take my 8 mo. old lab up there last week to finish her training but I had to go out of town for work so I couldn't make it happen. Thank goodness she is here safe and sound but I wish I was up there to help him. Keep him in your prayers as well as the dog owners and if I get any more info I will update this thread. Plus if anybody out there knows anything please post it up as I have not been able to get through to him on his cell or home phone.

I hope Bob can find all the dogs and all are ok. I took my dog there a year and a half ago and Bob does great work. He is one of those guys that just loves dogs........

All dogs are o.k. but the building is completely gone. The only thing that saved the dogs was that the Kennels were Set into the cement foundation so they did not move but the rest of the entire bulding is spread out across the farm. I can imagine how shook up those dogs are after something like that. frown.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SkunkedAgain

Posted

Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!

• Not lately but a buddy got 3 in big fork yesterday... No dog just him walking

• MrSchrute

Posted

Anyone been out lately? I normally wait until the leaves start dropping but am getting the itch to get out pretty bad.

• delcecchi

Posted

Prices a little high there too....   Come on down to the switch or the crescent.  

Didn't Bayview try the upscale dining thing a few years ago? 

• eyeguy 54

Posted

I miss ice fishing there

1 person likes this
    • BartmanMN

Posted

Where are all the Duck reports from the almighty Pelican? 

Did all this rain fill the lake back up?  I haven't driven by at all. 

I bet the crappies and gills are growing nicely.   Soon enough.

1 person likes this
    • Big Kype

Posted

Yep it is the 3 S's - I just don't think a lot of people are going to be grouse hunting with a shovel - but not a bad idea.

• BringAnExtension

Posted

Thank you gentlemen.  I knew I'd get a quick answer!

• NorthwoodKing

Posted

St. Croix Avid 6’6” Med - spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 7’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med lite Fast – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier glass/graphite Moderate – trolling $75

Fenwick Eagle 6’6” Med Fast – spinning $75

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6925 $70

Daiwa Sealine SG17LC3B $75

• leech~~

Posted

17 hours ago, phillyfacks said:

We've got a cabin up on Pelican and I've definitely noticed less cormorants on the lake this summer.  The state did grant the owner of Gooseberry Island a permit to kill cormorants, which was done this Spring.  I talked to a DNR officer on the lake this summer and he said they had shot almost 400 birds, I don't recall the exact numbers but it was somewhere between 350-400. 

Thanks for the Update, I think that I did see less birds out on Edwards as well later this summer. Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :)

1 person likes this