• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Line Counter Reels

kingr

Question

I loaded my new Diawa's last weekend. At 50ft out one's 5 feet short and the other is 7 feet short. Do I add more line or strip it? Or is it within the "average" tolerance for every one else?

3 answers to this question

I would just leave it, they are always a little bit off. The more full that the spool is, the more accurate they seem to be. You can check if it is the counter on the reel by clipping another counter on the rod and see if they read different...

Make sure you have the exact amount of line and same line on both reels. Also Im asuming they are the same type reels? None of my line counters are right on. I have Diawa Sealines and Okumas. It really dont matter to me. I set them at a depth and I remember what the line out was on the reel when I caught a fish then duplicate it next time out.

So many variables come into play when trolling that your never 100% sure where your baits are anyways. Just try to duplicate what worked.

Agree, fill your reels all the way full to be as accurate as possible, but the key is repeating what works.