Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deepinthewoods

Vexilar repair in SW metro

6 posts in this topic

I am aware of several retail repair shops in the north metro (MSP). Are there any in the west or SW parts of town?

I am aware I could send the fish finder to Vexilar in Bloomington, but I am looking for a walk-in place.

Thanks.

That place is a walk in place. I don't recall the name but I brought mine in last year and they bench tested it and made the repairs while I waited. The place was kind of hard to find because its located in a new buisness park area. GL HTB

Indeed, bring it to the Vexilar headquarters, you will not be disappointed. I had a unit with a cracked face plate (from my abuse) and they fixed it while I waited, and even threw a hat and some stickers my way.

On another occasion, I had a transducer I suspected was going bad. They tested it on the spot, and gave me a new one, no charge.

Thanks guys! I'll head to Vexilar.

Went to Vexilar and couldn't be happier.

Walked right in, the guy tried a repair so it would save me some $$$. No go, so I purchased a new transducer/cable. Was out of there in no time.

FYI, about 4 years ago they moved from 88th St in Bloomington to their current location on Old Shakopee Road. Much easier to find (not that I looked up the address on the Internet and went to the old location first).

Every winter, my kinfolk in So. Dak. do horrible things to their Vex's and send them with me to take to the Vexilar service center. I've had total rebuilds for the price of parts. They put a new motor on one that was worn out and several years old for no cost. They reconditionned one that hadn't filed a flight plan when it flew out of the back of the truck. Cleaned and freshed out one that had been stored in a snowbank in the back of a truck. We've also bought a few factory reconditioned ones there at a good price. All the repairs were done while I waited so a second trip wasn't needed. Great people and service... ( the girls behind the counter love chocolate donuts. I've gotten several free hats. laugh.gif)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78

Posted

8 hours ago, ZachD said:

if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

I am always up for bringing someone else with

• RoosterMan

Posted

Drove to Ely yesterday and there were some pockets of great color. I would definitely think next weekend would be worth the trip. 

1 person likes this
    • Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

I would say that we are about 1/4 into fall colors in this area.

Cliff

• How are things progressing friends as far as Fall colors? Thinking of coming up the week

Thanks

• Stick in Mud

Posted

We've done OK out there this year. Nothing special, but better for us than last year. 

Last time out, we found piles of fish in 60-70 feet. Caught a few, couldn't release them, and stopped fishing them.  Got a couple jig rapping shallower, got a few trolling, and got a few on spinners.  No one pattern got skunked, but nothing stood out, either.

• Stick in Mud

Posted

Sorry for the late response....I suspect not many folks are building skid houses these days. :)

Our houses have steel skids.  One had wood, but we changed them out. 

• if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

1 person likes this
    • FrazerBay

Posted

Like the food and like the menu. Like the fact there are places to eat on the lake and will continue to support them.

1 person likes this
    • delcecchi

Posted

Thanks, cigar guy.   Might check into it next year.  Or maybe not.   They always used to have some expensive entrees but we just ignored them.   

Even 12 for a burger is sort of high for the area, but the view is worth something.   Probably stay with the Crescent.   I don't see how there are enough tourists for the landing to make it. 

• jigginjim

Posted

I have put my guide clients on lots of pike this summer. So far largest bass is 21"- 5lbs  Pike 36" Approx. 8-9lbs, Walleye is 23 inches 3lbs. The walleyes will get better as the water cools. Time to start jigging, everything you got. I'm even started using my crankbaits.

• monstermoose78
      I am always up for bringing someone else with
    • RoosterMan
      Drove to Ely yesterday and there were some pockets of great color. I would definitely think next weekend would be worth the trip. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I would say that we are about 1/4 into fall colors in this area. Cliff
    • PSU
      How are things progressing friends as far as Fall colors? Thinking of coming up the week Thanks  
    • Stick in Mud
      We've done OK out there this year. Nothing special, but better for us than last year.  Last time out, we found piles of fish in 60-70 feet. Caught a few, couldn't release them, and stopped fishing them.  Got a couple jig rapping shallower, got a few trolling, and got a few on spinners.  No one pattern got skunked, but nothing stood out, either.