Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viking

Who is planning on fishing the big lake this weekend ?

22 posts in this topic

I am planning on doing some fishing this weekend, hope the weather is decent. Anybody else going to be out ?

Dave I work Sat/Sun mornings but Im hoping to get out in the afternoons. Have fun with the dragon boats this weekend! tongue.gif

Dave, I plan on being out there unless you bring that nasty east wind with ya grin.gif What am I talking about its already here. Going to be a bumpy ride with Skippers Kid tomorrow. crazy.gif

Depends on how bad the musky bug gets by the end of the week. It's already got me tying bucktails at midnight so I may not make it onto the big lake but you never know. I may get antsy to get the skunk out of the boat and head out to put a little something in the cooler.

Lota Lota...

I will be out all weekend and some good luck.

Ohh, I forgot about the Dragon Boaters. one more weekend, then their gone.

If things are right I'll most likely be out.

At this point we should be out Saturday morning. Maybe tonight too if the wind calms down.

This might not count exactly, but I'll be taking the family out of Silver Bay this weekend.

Mostly, we've been hitting the reefs North of Sand Island this summer and the eater sized lakers have been very cooperative. This will be my first MN water adventure of the year.

Looking at the weather report, doesn't look like the winds will calm down much until late Friday afternoon/evening. Saturday looks good.

Ya this wind isnt going to lay down for a good while. Really blowing now in the Barkers Island area. I may just have to go Crappie chasing up river instead. Lota we saw 2 nice Muskies up by 23 but dont take your boat up there if ya know whats good for it.

From what I hear Spirit Lake, Devils Elbow and down by the Wi. Entry have been ok for skis.

I was planning on going out today, but will retry again for Sat and Sun afternoon/evenings.

Im gonna try to get out on Sunday

I've got an all day Sat and I'll be on the water from 5:30am until 6:30pm on Sun too.

Heading to Superior shores on saturday night. Where is the best place to launch a 18'boat and try for a laker or just do some trollin. I don't have any downriggers so just pulling spoons and stick baits. Any help would be great!!

Weather permiting confused.gif

Steve, you have any smelt left wink.gif I'm all out and I'm going to keep trying that meat fishing till I figure it out. I'll give ya a call tomorrow sometime.

Randy I have smelt just call?????? wink.gif..

Tom. I'll give ya a call in the morning and we can get together so I can get some bait. Maybe on Skippers kid so I can rummage threw your gear and find all the secrets wink.gifSince today was a loss.

I also have some so let me know what ya want to do.

Sounds like a few of us are going out. We should be out between 7am and noon. Putting in at Rices. Feel free to connect on the VHF. Good luck everyone.

Bring your raingear!

Planning on trying to get out sunday morning with Xplorer Junior onboard most likely. Since I've spent nearly all my summer free time up in Voyageurs, any general advice on where a guy should start? I'm planning on heading up and trying the lester to pumphouse run 80-140' with a couple rigger/flasher/meat rigs and then a couple dipsey/spoon or #ball/spoon rigs up higher. Sound like a gameplan for those that have been out recently??

And just for clarification, since X Jr. will be onboard, i should be able to run 4 lines, correct? He just turned 4, but can reel in a fish if i help hold the rod for him. He managed to catch a 25.25 walleye this summer so i thought he was ready for some bigger game smile.gif