Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Who is planning on fishing the big lake this weekend ?

Viking

I am planning on doing some fishing this weekend, hope the weather is decent. Anybody else going to be out ?

Northlander

Dave I work Sat/Sun mornings but Im hoping to get out in the afternoons. Have fun with the dragon boats this weekend! tongue.gif

outdoor ran

Dave, I plan on being out there unless you bring that nasty east wind with ya grin.gif What am I talking about its already here. Going to be a bumpy ride with Skippers Kid tomorrow. crazy.gif

lotalota

Depends on how bad the musky bug gets by the end of the week. It's already got me tying bucktails at midnight so I may not make it onto the big lake but you never know. I may get antsy to get the skunk out of the boat and head out to put a little something in the cooler.

Lota Lota...

SKIPPERS KID

I will be out all weekend and some good luck.

Viking

Ohh, I forgot about the Dragon Boaters. one more weekend, then their gone.

Surface Tension

If things are right I'll most likely be out.

ReelTimes

At this point we should be out Saturday morning. Maybe tonight too if the wind calms down.

evntam

This might not count exactly, but I'll be taking the family out of Silver Bay this weekend.

Mostly, we've been hitting the reefs North of Sand Island this summer and the eater sized lakers have been very cooperative. This will be my first MN water adventure of the year.

ReelTimes

Looking at the weather report, doesn't look like the winds will calm down much until late Friday afternoon/evening. Saturday looks good.

Northlander

Ya this wind isnt going to lay down for a good while. Really blowing now in the Barkers Island area. I may just have to go Crappie chasing up river instead. Lota we saw 2 nice Muskies up by 23 but dont take your boat up there if ya know whats good for it.

From what I hear Spirit Lake, Devils Elbow and down by the Wi. Entry have been ok for skis.

Papa Woodie

I was planning on going out today, but will retry again for Sat and Sun afternoon/evenings.

Wade Joseph

Im gonna try to get out on Sunday

End of the Line

I've got an all day Sat and I'll be on the water from 5:30am until 6:30pm on Sun too.

fisherslanding

Heading to Superior shores on saturday night. Where is the best place to launch a 18'boat and try for a laker or just do some trollin. I don't have any downriggers so just pulling spoons and stick baits. Any help would be great!!

Weather permiting confused.gif

outdoor ran

Steve, you have any smelt left wink.gif I'm all out and I'm going to keep trying that meat fishing till I figure it out. I'll give ya a call tomorrow sometime.

SKIPPERS KID

Randy I have smelt just call?????? wink.gif..

outdoor ran

Tom. I'll give ya a call in the morning and we can get together so I can get some bait. Maybe on Skippers kid so I can rummage threw your gear and find all the secrets wink.gifSince today was a loss.

Northlander

I also have some so let me know what ya want to do.

ReelTimes

Sounds like a few of us are going out. We should be out between 7am and noon. Putting in at Rices. Feel free to connect on the VHF. Good luck everyone.

Northlander

Bring your raingear!

Xplorer

Planning on trying to get out sunday morning with Xplorer Junior onboard most likely. Since I've spent nearly all my summer free time up in Voyageurs, any general advice on where a guy should start? I'm planning on heading up and trying the lester to pumphouse run 80-140' with a couple rigger/flasher/meat rigs and then a couple dipsey/spoon or #ball/spoon rigs up higher. Sound like a gameplan for those that have been out recently??

And just for clarification, since X Jr. will be onboard, i should be able to run 4 lines, correct? He just turned 4, but can reel in a fish if i help hold the rod for him. He managed to catch a 25.25 walleye this summer so i thought he was ready for some bigger game smile.gif