Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denny3D2000

Voyagers - Rainy - Dryweed Island - Fishing Ideas

6 posts in this topic

I have a group heading to Rainy the week after Labor Day (we had planned on going to Kab, but thought we would try some new scenery). We are planning to stay somewhere south of Dryweed Island in Voyagers or about 5 miles east of the Int. Falls Voyagers entry point. Anyone have experience with this area in the fall? We have a mixed group of fisherman, but will focus on walleyes. I fish the Canadian side in July every year (near Red Gut), but have never been in this part of the lake. Thoughts? Suggestions? Can crappies be found that time of year as well?

Any comments are welcomed!

Thanks. laugh.gif

HI DENNY,

WALLEYES ARE STARTING TO FEED HEAVY ON SMELT, AND WE HAVE BEEN DOING EXCELLENT AT 32 TO 38 FEET., AS FAR AS CRAPPIES, THEY ARE STARTING TO SCHOOL UP & REALLY FEED. WE ARE CATCHING THEM MIXED IN WITH THE WALLEYES, BEST DEPTH RIGHT NOW FOR CRAPPIES HAS BEEN 30 TO 32 FEET. YOU SHOULD DO VERY WELL WHEN YOU COME UP...FISHING HAS BEEN HOT...REALLY HOT.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Denny-I think your best bet for catching fish near dryweed is to hire your brother-in-law as a guide...after all, you're used to being out-fished by him anyway. Especially on rainy!

You are hired! Oh, by the way, your nephew continues to remind that his uncles says "Boat Control" is the most important thing in catching walleyes...I will have to remember that!

Anyone have new updates on the bite up there? Any spots/reefs/points specifically doing well?

I sure want to give this group a good trip...we have had some tough luck in the last few years.

Denny,

Bouncers, chartruse spinners and crawlers in 32 feet worked well for us last weekend. The fish are deep.

Berng