Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almostthere!

Game fish for bear bait

3 posts in this topic

Will it be consider wanton waste if I fry up some old freezer burned game fish for bear bait?

You can't use game fish, but it is ok to use non game fish such as suckers or tullibee. Good Luck

Quote:

You can't use game fish, but it is ok to use non game fish such as suckers or tullibee. Good Luck

are u positive about that? If he uses it for his needs I dont think it would be considered waste; it would be better then throwing it away in the garbage

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• HugeHogChaser
      Do you have any pics of the process or finished product by any chance?
    • HugeHogChaser
      wow, this is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately idk what the hell i'm doing, as I have no carpentry skills LOL, but i have a buddy that builds houses, so I am sure he would have the necessary skills and tools to assist me. It cant be too hard, right!? haha. Anyways, I appreciate the information, this is GREAT. Ill be sure to touch base with you if I have any questions. Thanks again!! I have a 25 hp motor right now...really old, a chrysler 25 HP from like...the 70s or 80s. You thank that'll be enough power with the added weight?  
    • HookedUp4821
          You can keep one Walleye 13.8- 17.7 a day. With the conservation licence you can take 2 fish out with only one over 27.6. and with a sportsman licences you can take out 4 with only one over 27.6.   
    • eyeguy 54
      dont wear your voice out  
    • Surface Tension
      Thanks All.   No big plans this weekend and and the weather has been putting a damper on outdoor projects and choirs.    Still I might sneak out for a few hours this weekend.      
    • Barefoot
      In and around narrows is where most people were fishing.  Lots of fish under 14 though.  
    • ZachD
      I guess I will have to call the dnr about the couple spots I am in question of. Ones a darn and you can easily pick them off all day almost year round
    • Stick in Mud
      Thanks for the great report.  We fished up there all last week, and we found shiners to be the only bait we *couldn't* get bites on. Very, very strange, but by far our best bite was on crawlers.  I think our total was something like 8 fish on shiners and 80 or 90 on crawlers (between two boats).  We didn't start fishing with crawlers until Thursday, either, so all those fish came on our last two days, with the windier Thursday being best.
    • Dale S
      Thanks guys for the informative replies. Can you also comment on the walleye limits?
    • noska
      Hey Barefoot on the main lake or current areas?