Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dances with Walleye

CFS Primitive Campsites

5 posts in this topic

Talk amongst me and my buddies has already turned to the summer of 2007... In between the multiple weddings next year (One of which is my own) we're trying to work out a Fishing trip for us guys...

One thing that has come up is the primitive campsites around Cut Foot Sioux...

I'm wondering how one goes about reserving one of those sites (Or is it just first come, first serve?)

Also I'm wondering how many there are...

I'm aware of 4... (I've seen them while fishing the area, but have never physically been to one.)

1 on Battle Point... 1 on the North west corner of McAvity Bay (Sort of tucked up in the corner behind the point... And two relatively near each other on the shore opposite of McAvity Island...

Are there any others?

Has anyone stayed at any of these?

(Normally when I'm up I Camp at the Deer Lake Campgrounds, but I'm thinking about taking a more rustic approach next year.)

*Also... What's the deal with the primitives and bathroom facilities/waste disposal etc...

Thanks in advance!

If you go to reserve america (Contact Us Please) you can book campsites right from there. I've used it several times.

I know you can book the Deer Lake's and Seelye's (As I book through that site everytime... But can you really do the primitives as well?

I'll have to look into it...

Thanks...

I camp at West Seeleye Bay several times a year with a fishing buddy. He has a bug up his butt to try one of the primitive sites. We stopped and talked to a lady working in the Information Center about these sites. There are quite a number of them on the west shore of Mcavity Bay and a good number of them on Battle Point. Also some on the east shore of Mcavity. I think there are at least 20 to 30 sites. She told us they are first come first serve - she actually called a ranger cause she wasn't sure about this. She said the best place to put in is at Mosomo Point. They have parking for a lot of rigs. She said you may want to mention to the camphost at Mosomo Point campgrond that you are leaving your rig there and will be out camping at one of the primitive sites and he will check your rig every so often to make sure it is ok. My friend checked a couple of sites on the west side of Mcavity and said there was a trail from campsite to campsite and eventually he came across a crapper.

Good luck with the marriage and enjoy the camping!

Quote:

I camp at West Seeleye Bay several times a year with a fishing buddy. He has a bug up his butt to try one of the primitive sites. We stopped and talked to a lady working in the Information Center about these sites. There are quite a number of them on the west shore of Mcavity Bay and a good number of them on Battle Point. Also some on the east shore of Mcavity. I think there are at least 20 to 30 sites. She told us they are first come first serve - she actually called a ranger cause she wasn't sure about this. She said the best place to put in is at Mosomo Point. They have parking for a lot of rigs. She said you may want to mention to the camphost at Mosomo Point campgrond that you are leaving your rig there and will be out camping at one of the primitive sites and he will check your rig every so often to make sure it is ok. My friend checked a couple of sites on the west side of Mcavity and said there was a trail from campsite to campsite and eventually he came across a crapper.

Good luck with the marriage and enjoy the camping!

Cool!

Thanks!