• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My Minnkota autopilot will not turn left or right using the foot pedal but when I take the pedal apart and push on the contact with a screwdriver the motor turns. Has anyone worn out a footpedal or had a similar problem.

Thanks CJ confused.gif

I had one that was intermittent in one direction, I put some thin plastic shims under the circuit board near the switches. Plastic like from a coffee can lid. worked for another year..

Sounds like you had a bad circuit board.

I have had to replace a lot of them over the years. frown.gif

Cliff

I had a similar problem earlier this year, the motor would turn right but not left. I was referred to a place called the Motor Clinic in Bloomington, MN. They have a machine set up test whether you pedal is working. Mine was fine so it ended up saving me the cost of a new pedal. As a few other posts mentioned, my problem was a bad circuit board. It looks like you're home is in IL so Bloomington sin't convenient to you but they were very reasonable ($70) and fast.

There is a website out there called Bassboat Central and it has a forum on it about electrical & trolling motors. You may want to check there. It is actually a pretty good site. I use a different forum on it to keep up with stuff about my Yamaha HPDI. They've got some really knowledgeable people on it.

Hope they can help you.

• 2 weeks later...