• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Batting practice

soldoncass

Wouldn't you think they'd tell Silva he was pitching in a real game... NOT BATTING PRACTICE????? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

frustrating to watch

You never know what you are going to get w/ Silva. It is hard to figure him out. We need him BIG TIME to get a decent threesome when/if we get into playoffs. I wonder if he has an injury of some sort but won't tell mgmt. about it. Or is it all in his head?

Silva was acting as if he didn't care out there, that would eat me up as a teammate! One game, no ground lost.

Sad to say but with the pitching the Twins have left any hope for them in the playoffs is probably out the window.You have Santana and that is it.Radke hurt and nothing else to the final run.

They have a bad game and nearly everyone on this site will banter... That guy is garbage! We have no chance. The twinkies are 1/2 game back. Chicago doesn't have much pitching either. Its going to be a fun race to the finish. laugh.gif

I was one who yesterday said they should sweep Baltimore (trying to stay positive), I was wrong. After watching last night's game I think its going to be the other way around. I'm sorry but you dont lose like the Twins did last night to a team that at the time was 14 game's under 500. You said Chicago doesnt have much pitching either, I would rather take their starting staff (unless your saying the whole staff)over the Twins with and exeption of Santana (Liriano when healty). Chicago has 5 yes 5 quality starters that can start on any given day and they all have double digit wins. The Twins have 1 quality starter in Santana and the rest are question marks. Silva can look good at times but inconsistant, Radke has been pitching well of late but having a bad shoulder won't help any down the stretch. Then our 3rd and 4th starters are question marks when they take the mound. At least when any of the Chicago starters pitch they have a good chance to win the game.

Quote:

Sad to say but with the pitching the Twins have left any hope for them in the playoffs is probably out the window.You have Santana and that is it.Radke hurt and nothing else to the final run.

Jeez! I guess we better quit playing games then if we don't have a chance. Get back to us this weekend after we take the Sox to the woodshed and take over the wildcard lead.

P.S. Liriano may come back too and you haven't seen Garza pitch like he can yet. He will be good tonight I'll bet.

Quote:

Chicago has 5 yes 5 quality starters

I don't know what team you're watching. Right now the Sox pitching is in a heck of alot worse shape than the Twins is. Garland is the ONLY one of those guys that is pitching worth a darn right now.

You guys need to be a little more level headed. Don't jump on and off the bandwagon with every single win or loss. You don't win every single game in baseball. We will come back from this. I am not worried.

Some of you guys are incredible. One loss and all of a sudden we have no chance, remember even great basbeall teams will lose 50-70 games a year.

Lets all settle down and realize that Chicago also lost last night so that loss meant nothing. You can't go out everyday without ever having a bad game it just won't happen.

Just be positive and have fun. You'll live longer that way.

Good call!!!!! Baseball is a game of what if's and almosts. Look at last nights game. The guy that had only, what eight home runs all year hammered three. Congrats to him. Something he can tell his grandchildren 20 years from now. Minnesota went up against a good pitcher too. Bravo to him too!!! The best thing about this is we lost no ground. Nothing has changed. Some nights Silvi is a God and the next he's out there pitching batting practice. Who knows maybe Gardie should have played the bullpen soomer. I do have to agree Chicago's pitchers are hurting also. In a week or so the Twins will bring up a few more pitchers and who knows maybe one of them will get hot in front of the huge crowds. Go Twinkies. Still have many game to go. Hopefully the Twins will keep showing the determination the have showed since June 8th and have a strong finish.

I'll admit that I was frustrated, actually I was disgusted with Silva's performance last night. But you guys are right, we have lost no ground. We are only 1/2 game back! We also have a game in hand on the White Sox, so really we could be even!

It's gonna come down to the end of the year, I am pretty sure of that. Unless one of the teams fold after this weekend series, it will be tight until the very end so don't count the Twins out just because of one stinky game by Silva.

I'm not saying were done and throw in the towel. My contribution to this topic is plainly that Silva is as unpredictable as Paul Douglas. Haven't jumped off any bandwagon,either...

Well stated nofish!!! I'm going to sit back and enjoy the race to the end of the season. Win or Lose atleast we have a race to watch. cool.gif