Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

Panfish, Bass, Pike…oh My!

3 posts in this topic

Best setup of the day was once again the Exude Comida rigged wacky in the Christmas Tree color. I noticed all my bites were coming from fish laying on the bottom, so I opted to put a 1/32 oz bullet split shot on to speed the drop.

Check out the fog in the background.

ty_largie1.jpg

I also had a chance try out a new lure. It the “Fan-Tastic” Action Lure – Squeel-R. It has some unique concepts. Check them out.. http://www.actionlurescompany.com/

largie1.jpg

We also brought the pannie gear along and found a handful of crappies and a few gills.

Everything CPR'ed as usual.

Enjoy your time on the water, and buckle down because the water temps are starting to drop!

Nice fish, sounds like fun! Ive been wanting to try may hand at "backwaters" fishing. Every time I go out I get stuck in shallow water. Are there any areas that I can get my walleye boat in? If not I guess I will wait till I get a flat bottom.

Well, I've seen bigger boats back there and I know they are launching at the Pontoon slough landing (I think its called that). There are a few areas to be cautious of, but once your out in the channels its 5-8' deep pretty consistently. I would take a 17' V bottom boat out there, but I would't put the big motor down at all. Run the electric so its just barly in the water and that will help keep weeds off as well. There's much to watch out for, so I would take it slow and be cautious.

There are areas where you can enter the backwaters from the main river channel as well, but I've never done that.