Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AQUAJOE

Medicine Lake

13 posts in this topic

Anybody been gettin out much? I am heading ou there tonight. We'll see if I can get the monkey off my back and catch something.

MedMan, Lee, That Guy any luck out there?

NOthing happening out there few hits but no fish on.

Was just working on some ice fishing stuff on my website tonight. Kinda reminded me about Medicine for some reason. I can't wait to start yanking gills and crappies out there this winter! What a fun little lake! Can't say that I've ever had a "bad" day out there on the ice.

Hanson, why wait 'till winter to fish Med. The Bass bite is kickin' now! grin.gif

Aquajoe.. I wont fish medicine regularly until sometime this fall.. I'm too busy chasing catfish, and the sturgeon season is coming real quick. I will be spending a couple weeks fishing Lake Erie and the Allegheny river very soon too. I'll be hitting medicine more late next month... when I'm not sturgeon fishing.

Fishing cats and sturgeon all the time.. everything else just looks like... bait!

Hey Med,

I was out for the first time in months last night and the fish were NOT snappin'! But it was as pretty an evening as you could ask for and I was just glad to be out again.

Hey Med and Lee,

I went out tonight and it was real nice. Not too much traffic! Fish were kind of hanging tight, cool.gif probably because of the storm last night. Caught a few nice ones. Looking forward to fall!!

Ole

Hey Lee! I've been meaning to get a hold of you for some time, but it's been an insanely busy summer for me. I started classes last week so I'll have more time to get out now. grin.gif

I figured you might be a touch busy. I've been runnin' hard myself - fixing up a cabin north of Bemidji. I actually left my boat up there for a month or so, but started jonesing for good old Medicine and brought it back down!

My first time on the lake today and who do I meet, MedicineMan. Nice to chat with you a little. We did get a few bass today and one smaller pike in an unconventional way grin.gif, trolling cranks in 10-14 feet of water. The sunfish were pretty aggressive today, I think we pulled in 5 on cranks too.

Rosspj59, it was nice meetin' ya! It kinda sucked that the storms chased everyone off. But I got into some nice Bass so I'm happy. grin.gif

Just wondering, but i know med has some nice white craps, but i've never gotten into 'em. I've caught tons of blacks, especially in the winter, just never had luck w/ the whites, and i hear they average about 2" bigger. Any tips, especially once the ice sets in?