Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

Shakopee Launch is Closed

7 posts in this topic

Just a heads up to you guys fishing out of Shakopee.

We launched friday night to fish the BP Cat League and there are road construction "road closed" signs with a sign indicating that the boat launch is closed as well. We drove around and launched anyway and didn't get ticketed. However, it appears that there is some significant work about to be done on that side and I'd imagine the launch will be down for awhile.

Got to love it. Belle Plaine & Shakopee both being closed at the same time.

The sign said that the ramp is being reconstructed on the north side of the river. Hopefully we can continue to get around the road closed signs for a little while longer.

Looking forward to the "new" ramp though.

Hey Wastewater,

Howed you come out last friday. I was hoping you would have swung down by us. It was nice meeting you at the launch. Sorry I thought you were someone else for a second. smirk.gif

We got a really nice channel cat and a couple carp. Had 3 or 4 wimpy runs but no flats. That was kind of a waste of some beautiful bait.....Let me know if ya want to hit that stretch together one of these nights.

Sounds good to me.

I was about to head down there 4:30, 5 a.m. tommorrow morning. I don't want to drive from Apple Valley to find out I can't get around the construction anymore. What about Jordan? There is a launch there right?

I would say it is definitely closed as of Friday night 8-26-06. Possibly you could launch by going over the curb, but you could also get a ticket. The police are patrolling, and the road is totally blocked off. We ended up launching by I35, and Jordan would be the another option.