Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeyquicksand*

GERVAIS/KELLER---- WHATS WORKIN'?????

11 posts in this topic

Just wanted to discuss one of my favorite metro lakes... i've been catchin nice bass (16-19in)on crankers up on the north side and gettin bit off jiggen around that rock pile.... waters a little down it seems, but eh....what you think????

Sounds like you already know whats working...

Ive been targeting muskies for the most part out there this year. But dont have much to show for it.

yeah, I've heard that there are muskies in there, i've heard more in keller than in gervais.... i tried throwing a tail a couple times while rowing my boat in, caus my motor needs some carb work i guess... whats the deal on the musky'zzzzz?

Darn it Joe, I thought I was the only one that knew about those lake shhhhhh. Biggest bass caught out of there was 20+ inches.There are big muskie in those lake, even big catfish also.

Gervais hasn't been a topic for awhile. Others have been out there once or twice though.

G-man, glad to see you are still out there and hit the forum. We still need to hit some open water together before the hard water season is upon us.

I would like to hit our ice fishing lake for some open water pannies, pike, and bass one of these nice fall days.

With fall upon us many of the anglers start getting in hunting mode and fall bite can be fantastic.

Hey Mr Pike. I've been to one of the ice fishing lakes last weekend for the first time out in several weeks and did very well on numbers...only a few decent size. Give me a shout sometime soon!

That lake froze out, it is just a big mudhole!

Mykal, glad to hear from you !!!!!! I can not believe the summer is almost over and we have spent limited time on the water together.

I hope you have all your spots marked on Mille acs to get old man pike on the lake for some fall pigs pulling the cranks.

Hey Andy is getting married. The wedding is next weekend. He and his wife to be bought a nice place just outside of St. Cloud. He now has all the space he needs for all his fishin and hunting toys. One really neat feature at there new place is a gazebo that is built into the deck. It is fully wired for watching a game or playing poker.

I have been fishing a lot more local this year then in years past with a few trips to the cabin and few weekends on mississippi chasing smallies.

Andy also has discovered this great little walleye lake for ice fishing a little North of St. Cloud for ice fishing. There is one piece of sturture in the middle of the lake and the eyes come up at dusk and attack.

Anyway we need to hook up my friend and catch up. I assume you have been hitting Mille acs quite a bit and getting close to guide status on the mud and sand smile.gif

I hit the lake the other night from 330-930 targeting muskies most the night and never even saw a fish. Before calling it I took a couple trolling passes and picked up a little walleye.

I'm still around. My wife is almost ready to pop. Any time now.

I got out this weekend with my father. He came up and visited for the weekend and brought his boat. We hit Minnewashta twice. Did alright, mainly around the rockpile. Caught a nice variety. Nothing huge.

I'd second the 'we still need to get out together'.

Mykal- I still got checking out your boat on Mille for fall walleyes in the mind. I just hope I can make it work.