Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GotOne

Redgut/Spawn Inlet

13 posts in this topic

Where do you all stay when you are up in this area? Wanted to stay at "The Landing" but fairly spendy. I like to fish Spawn Inlet, Cliff Narrows area. Don't want to make a real long run if possible. Any areas to tent camp? Thanks.

HI WALLABEE,

THE LANDING, SPAWN INLET LODGE, SILVER MUSKIE LODGE., ARE ALL RIGHT THERE. MANY OF US LIVE IN THE FALLS, SO WE GO BY BOAT.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Thanks F/M (Dave), Usually stay at Spawn, but Sam is full the wknd we want to go. Been staying at Spawn off and on for over 20 year. The landing is spendy-never called the Silver Muskie. Called a guy that had an ad in the Outdoor News about renting his place but he never calls back. How long of a run is it from the Falls or the place you rent up to Spawn Inlet? Plus is there a better place to park our trucks and trailers, the landing gets 8.00 per day. Don't want to sound cheap, but I always bring my son with me and it adds up fast. When we get a late start out of the cities and have stayed at the motel in town that you recommended.

bump

Don't know what expenses are in staying any where particular, but you're looking at a 30 minute run from Ranier to Redgut (55 mph). If staying on US you'll need an over the border pass unless you want to check-in each trip.

there are 2 MNR landings in redgut which are free. One is on the left right before you hit the bears pass bridge. (about 20 miles from fort frances) The other is in crow rock. If you take the dryden road up about 5 miles it's on your right. This one would be about a 10 minute boat ride to spawn going 45-50mph.

Thanks for getting back to me. How safe is it at crow rock if we leave our trucks and trailers for 4 to 6 days. So it would be about 5 minutes or so to the Landing from crow rock? The Landing gets 8.00(us)per day to park-it's kinda nice not to worry about break-ins, however always, looking to lower the overall costs. Thanks again.

Yes.....good question...with the $$$ not going as far I am looking for camping situations as well. Usually stay at Taylor's cove and have good service but most of the time he is full. He does, however, have one room bunkhouses my in-laws stayed at this summer while we were in a cabin. I think they priced out at $30-40 a day. Not the greatest, but the necessaties.

Wallabee-

Personally I wouldnt keep a vehicle at crowrock that long. Ive never heard of any break ins up there but it is more remote. The redgut landing is a bit more visable and Ive seen vehicles there for well over a couple days without a problem....but like anything...you never know.

Got the map out. It looks like crowrock is a little too remote. The other one looks a little too far. It could be a long run if the wind wasn't in your favor. Thanks. Any other ideas?

Quote:

Where do you all stay when you are up in this area? Wanted to stay at "The Landing" but fairly spendy. I like to fish Spawn Inlet, Cliff Narrows area. Don't want to make a real long run if possible. Any areas to tent camp? Thanks.

I just talked to Neil at "The Landing" and he said he charges $30 a day for camping and you don't pay for parking. Personally for the $8.00 a day i think it is well worth it to park at "The Landing" even if you don't stay there. You know your vehicle will be safe, you are a short run to either Porters Inlet, or Spawn inlet and fishing around there has been FANTASTIC and the crappie bite is on right now. I have Limited out 3 days in a row in a matter of about 2 hours with no fish under 13 inches on the stringer with the biggest being 15 1/2 inches.

Quote:

Got the map out. It looks like crowrock is a little too remote. The other one looks a little too far. It could be a long run if the wind wasn't in your favor. Thanks. Any other ideas?

Actually, the bears pass landing is not too much further than crow rock and as wind goes Ive seen monster swells running the length of crowrock if the wind is from the west. Comming up from bears pass gives you the option to hug the shoreline.

Thanks all for geting back to me. I will be on the water in 3 days (Wed-labor day). Can't wait. Neil's getting my business. With the price of gas going up, I was looking for a way to save some money. Small price to pay for the piece of mind that my truck and trailer will be fine when it's time to go home. Hope I didn't jinx myself, bought a "tally counter", to keep correct nunbers:)