Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shae1986

Where to go?

14 posts in this topic

Ok guys, i normally don't ask it like this but i plan on fishing friday morning and probably for walleye, and i honestly don't know where to go. For once i cannot figure out where to go. I was hoping someone could enlighten me on where to venture. Thanks for the help guys.

P.S. Please Lake NOTELLY answers.

I've gone to Lizzie several times this summer. Pulling shad raps in 20-22 feet of water. Not getting great numbers of walleyes but nice size fish (18-20"). You'd pick up enough northerns to keep from getting bored and some of them have hit the 6-6.5lb mark. You might pick some up with spinners and live bait. Just go fast enough to out-pace the panfish.

Shae --

Hot tip just in -- White Earth has been very good in the morning. Got that from a buddy that has been doing well on Sunday a.m.

I also hear you can catch a few on Big C in tha a.m. -- but only if there is a little chop.

Good luck let me know how you did.

Shae don't wana get up that early to catch the walleyes on WE. Has anyone been to Ottertail lately?

I've been hearing phenominal reports on Bad Medicine.

trout or walleyes?

walters. Spinner rigs in 10-12 fow through or above structure.

i will be honest about Bad Medicine. I have been on it for many years. When it heats up there is no better walleye lake around. Just have to be patient and work at it. I t has some monsters in it also. Deep and clear. Not sure where they are working the 12 ft water, but everyone is usually fishing trout so the good eye spots are usually pretty vacant. Nooner

i would have to go with white earth its getting to be that time of the year for this lake i was out there a couple of mornings ago i caught a nice 2-3 pound eye on a x-rap trolling pretty fast had luck with hammerheads and gills

Decided to go with Dahitman's advice and try White Earth today. My buddy, Scot, came up from Glencoe and I told him about the report of a morning bite on White Earth. Well, by the time I got him out of bed this morning and he told me we needed to find trolling motor batteries and breakfast we got on the lake a little after 11:30. So much for that morning bite! We did get sixteen walleyes on crawlers in 20-28 feet of water. Only five of them were keepers. He had to get back to Glencoe tonight so, we left before the best evening bite got going. Not fast and furious by any means but steady bite through the afternoon and evening. Thanks for the report Dahitman.

Has anyone been having luck pulling cranks lately? I fished Big C yesterday and got 2 almost immediately. One was a "Hitman Walleye" tongue.gif and the other was a nice 17"er. After that the pleasure boaters were out and moved in on us crazy.gif

We were running the weedlines in 12-18fow. I did notice some marks deeper (22-28 fow) but we couldn't get our baits that deep.

I tried Big C. yesterday too. None on cranks. Nine on bottom bouncers and crawlers. Three eaters and six dinks. Only one of Dahitman's 10 inchers so I don't think I was on any of his secret spots. Hey, I've, did you have anyone else in the boat with you?

Quote:

Hey, I've, did you have anyone else in the boat with you?

Yes, I had one other passenger. I was driving the boat. We were out from around 11 to 3pm. Saw quite a few fishing and pleasure boats out there too!

If you were gone by 3:00, we didn't cross paths. I got there about 3:00 but the boat I was thinking about was a little later in the day.