Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Petey923

Public launches

6 posts in this topic

I tried to find the public launch to Sylvia this weekend and ended up on French lake. This is not the first time I've had trouble finding the public launch to a lake. I have a link that gives me general information but is limited to "SE part of lake". Are there any other sources for this information other than the local bait shop?

You have to get on a road on the north west side of the lake which runs (south) parallel to the west shore. This road will lead you to hapiness...

Petey923 - you were quite a bit east of Sylvia. The easiest way to get to Sylvia is to take the 2nd left out of South Haven (if you are headed west on HWY 55)and cross the railroad tracks and just head south. When you go through a bunch of residential areas close to lake on your left, that is Twin Lakes. The access is towards the south end of the lake.

Once you get on the access, head north and northeast on the lake and you will come to a no wake zone. Go through this and then when you are able to open it up again with the throttle, you should be on Sylvia. To my knowledge, there is no public access to Sylvia.

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna delete the link that told me there was an access on Sylvia. I'll use the link provided in an earlier reply from now on!

Your right Captain, there is no access on Slyvia, there talking about putting one on the north east side of the lake. Still in the process with the Lake Assocation. Just thought i would let you know.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SkunkedAgain

Posted

Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!

• Not lately but a buddy got 3 in big fork yesterday... No dog just him walking

• MrSchrute

Posted

Anyone been out lately? I normally wait until the leaves start dropping but am getting the itch to get out pretty bad.

• delcecchi

Posted

Prices a little high there too....   Come on down to the switch or the crescent.  

Didn't Bayview try the upscale dining thing a few years ago? 

• eyeguy 54

Posted

I miss ice fishing there

1 person likes this
    • BartmanMN

Posted

Where are all the Duck reports from the almighty Pelican? 

Did all this rain fill the lake back up?  I haven't driven by at all. 

I bet the crappies and gills are growing nicely.   Soon enough.

1 person likes this
    • Big Kype

Posted

Yep it is the 3 S's - I just don't think a lot of people are going to be grouse hunting with a shovel - but not a bad idea.

• BringAnExtension

Posted

Thank you gentlemen.  I knew I'd get a quick answer!

• NorthwoodKing

Posted

St. Croix Avid 6’6” Med - spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 7’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med lite Fast – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier glass/graphite Moderate – trolling $75

Fenwick Eagle 6’6” Med Fast – spinning $75

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6925 $70

Daiwa Sealine SG17LC3B $75

• leech~~

Posted

17 hours ago, phillyfacks said:

We've got a cabin up on Pelican and I've definitely noticed less cormorants on the lake this summer.  The state did grant the owner of Gooseberry Island a permit to kill cormorants, which was done this Spring.  I talked to a DNR officer on the lake this summer and he said they had shot almost 400 birds, I don't recall the exact numbers but it was somewhere between 350-400. 

Thanks for the Update, I think that I did see less birds out on Edwards as well later this summer. Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :)

1 person likes this