Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Thiem

Weekend report...

2 posts in this topic

What a great wekend for smallie fishing. I was on the Zumbro river both days and the fishing is nothing short of fantastic! Numbers of bass being caught. At any given time there will be four or five bass chasing the one that's on the end of the line trying to steal away the bait from it.

While reeling in a bass I was just about to lift it out of the water when a huge submarine musky came out of nowhere and took a swipe at the irratic moving fish. Man what a surprise!

It really don't matter what bait I was using. The best and easiest is a 1/8 oz. jig with a 3" plastic body. Less hooks than a Rapala. Some of the bass have previous scars and lip wounds from C&R so it's working.

If wading make sure not to go bare foot. Them zebra muscles are sharp!

If anybody wants to catch lots of fish in a short bit of time, nows the time to get after 'em!

On a side note, Mac's fishing is done! The owner is not letting anybody, unless you have a camper there, go through the gate to fish below the dam. Believe me I tried.

Nice work on the smallies. I'm putting some effort their direction this week. Hope to find some holes with fish.

Bet the ski made your hair stand on end...

Bummer about Macs. Do you know how much it costs to camp down there?