Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outdoor ran

Wi sets season

8 posts in this topic

The wi. nortern zone here will start its waterfowl season on Sept. 23 at 9:00am. With a 6 duck limit with no more then 4 mallards only one hen. 2 woodies 1 black, 2 redheads 2 bluebills and 1 can and 1 pintail. Also a early goose season that goes Sept. 1-15 with a limit of 5 honkers.

Wow thats early, I'm going to have to break out the camo t-shirt and shorts. A 9:00 start for Sat. opener will seem really odd. Did you like it last year in MN?

really liked it last year--felt a little more like duckhunting for us without the sun so high in the sky...plus it added 3 hours to our opening day!

Sept. 23rd seems way to early to be shooting ducks however

WOW thats really early it seems. I better get off my butt and go out and find me a few spots to try and shoot a few quackin birds.

Wade, there are going to be some days I need a hunting partner. Mostly thur and Fri mornings. Most of my hunting buddies will be at work during the week. Not sure what your schedule is like? Let me know if your interested. If nothing else I can point you in the direction of some places to hunt.

I too unfortunately work mn-fri. If it weren't for work I could do alot more hunting and fishing! I would appreciate the tips though.

There are a few spots I have kinda scouted out around us that I can't find out who owns the land. We should share a few beers some afternoon.

Randy and Wade....

I can easily take off Thurs/Fri AM's....specially if it lets me break out the 10 or 12 gauge and put some more meat in the freezer.

If ya'll have an open spot opener...feel free to give me a jingle. Otherwise...i'll just find my place place on the shore...toss out a few dekes...and pray for the best. I am going to be scoutin a bit hopefully the next few days. God only knows what i'll find.

Email me up. casey@50below.com

I may try to get out after some early geese but for me, real duck hunting doesn't start till after the temps are right around 30 degrees. The freezing weather seems to "thin the herd" so to speak.

Wade, I know what you mean. Them are my favorite days. Temps below freezing, wind about 15 to 20 mph the spray from the waves freezing as soon as it hit the boat or your jacket. grin.gif I can't wait. But I can't get enough duck/goose hunting, so I'll be out there as often as I can, laugh.gif just maybe not as often as I would like. crazy.gif