Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Minnesota river upstream,Granitfells

6 posts in this topic

I never see any posts for my favorite holes? was out Aug. 9-10-11TH below Granitfalls. The ol girl got 3 channles 10 12 17lbs. lots a small pan friers,got 3 flaties kept the smallest to smoke 16lbs.released 18&23lbers. the night of the 9TH had 6 runs on bullheads,did'nt hook any next nite got all three.maybe not as big as down river but just as fun again anyone fish my area meet up maybe??

don't exspect much for info, i have tried before. this could be a good thing for they leave all the big ones for us. i tried before because i have to drive over 100 miles to go down there, and with gas prices it sucks. good luck the fish are there, i haven't been down there since derby days in franklin.

where do you fish by granite? I do a lot of fishing south of Sacred Heart for channel cats.

I mostly fish Skalbaken Park for over night camping.But I'll drive to other spots that look good and are close (within sight)to the river.Park two is ok depending on flowage and how deep the hole by the granit outcrops is.Upstream I try the boat landings.Some day I want to bring my 14FT. boat 7 1/2 Hp.But I'm spooked of rivers,I once lost power and went under a docked barge on the mississippi,REAL SPOOKY.How bout you where you fish.Oh ya I catch the flat heads over night at both parks #1 being better.Largest 35LBS two years ago.

If you gotta drive that far,maybe some day you'd contact me we may get a trip together,the olelady goes with me.You would need a camper,tent,overnight means.I'll bring bullheads I get as many as I need fairly easy.Where do you fish down there?

hey im game, I fish Skalbekken a lot. Caught some nice channel cats a couple weeks ago down there.