Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyclay

Root River Access

4 posts in this topic

I am interested in floating the Root from Rushford to Houston in a small boat? I am unable to find a launch site. Where can I put in? The boat is a homebuilt duckboat with a 9.8 outboard. Thanks.

It's kind of rough going, but there is a canoe access just below the spillway near Rushford. If you head out of town like you're going to Lanesboro it'll be on your lefthand side. Don't forget to fish a bit right below the spillway. Good Luck!!!

its so hard to say about that boat because the river is down in most areas. i dont know how the boat would take it. but the area of what hes talking about is almost just accross the leigon in rushford. again i honestly dont think that you could use the outboard, i try to use the trolling down all the way. email me if ya have any questions of where to fish i have some good holes going down that way, bensonj@rescueteam.com

I was afraid of that. I looked at that site a couple of days ago and wasn't sure if I could put in there or not. Have to decide how badly i want to make this trip. Thanks for your help.