Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
primetime49

Games Lake night fishing

14 posts in this topic

Saw a few boats out fishing till about 11;30 Saturday night.Wondering if you had any luck?We fished off dock until 1;30,got some fish.Hadnt been to cabin yet this summer,now I remember how bad that bed sleeps.Going back out now in hardtop to put some dinner on table ,bug me if your on lake and want to share fish ideas.

Primetime, Did you notice where the boats were located on the lake? From what you wrote did you have enough walleyes for a fish fry? The last time I fished Norway or Games at nite this late in the summer I caught Iowa walleyes. (bullheads) wink.gif Looking forward to the frog run, walleyes in 12inches of water. I would come bug you but I would be knocking on every door around the lake. If you see Jiggin Jim's guide boat out on the lake swing by, we can swap stories.

Hey cousin what going on, eagle lake is cranking

Hello Walli1, how you been doing? I have been hitting the water hard lately. Took my wife to green lake, She fishes only 1-2 days a year, She caught a 20" smallie, along with walleyes and about 4 other species of fish. You been on the river lately? Fishing up at the ford dam is good early and late in the day. This fall we should go hit Red Wing in Nov. after deer hunting. I figure shot a doe early and fish late. Take care .

Hey Jim I've been spending every weekend on the river (St Croix) and have been boating a good number of fish, mainly walleye. Next month is the family fishing trip to the Whitefish Chain should be another great time with the fishing addicts I call brothers and mom and dad.

Jiggin the walleyes are going on in front of the Benjamin Franklin Smith cabin{the green one on north shore north of the bar.their are only 5 or 6 places on this side of lake so should be able to find.Kinda of a big area 150 yards out where weed growth opens up to allow some anchored bobbers or edgeline jigging.12 to 15 feet deepYou have to shut everything down and actually sit still and silent.They taste like they havent been spooked and there have been severalboats out there all week.

primetime49

what does a spooked walleye taste like. LOL

Walli1, Have any of the other addicts learned to type on here yet? I know there was another one of us fishing FRYKS/freaks on here but have not heard from him lately. LOL. Say hi to mom and dad and all. When is the trip, party at my house the 23 sept. Hope to see ya then.

eyewarrior.its just that Games has been so underfished this year.Dont think they taste any different.I have not seen any boats when compared to normal years.Doubt these fish have seen any bait passed in front of them since opening of season.Its pretty tough going between Games and Little Norway so bring an oar or push stick to help with this.

primetime

To quote our former Gov "it was just a joke, joke, joke" I enjoy reading your posts keep them coming.

eyewarrior

jiggin

Great play on words. Iv'e never seen that before, but so appropiate.

eyewarrior,did you fish the Pwt on Mille Acs?I am going up tommorow for Bass tourney.Only been there 6 days this season since ice off and havent fished for basses yet.

prime

Yep on Mille PWT. I'll give a full report at Anglers mtg this month. In short wind-rocks, calm-deep cranks. Plenty of SM bass on Myr-Myr rocks. I'll be up again this weekend with 2 bro's trying to get them eyes.

eyewarrior

How did people do on Games this weekend? I saw several boats sitting in front of the Smith cabin during the day, but not at night. The hump in the middle was also getting pounded during the day. I didn't do any fishing this weekend, but plan on it for the upcoming holiday.