Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burchoid

Report 08/19/06

4 posts in this topic

Started at the point on the WI side just south of 94 where there is a big "private beach" sign and a little tiki bar looking thing. Caught 1 decent walleye on cranks here. Then fished the humps out in front of beach on the WI side between 94 and catfish bar. Pulled in 1 keeper eye and a few drum using bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses in 20-25' water.

Made it down past the kini to the flats in front of the state park launch around 11ish. Pulled in 4 saugers, a bunch of spotted catfish(? is that what they are called??), and a few more drum on the same rig in about 22-24' water. Also managed to get 4 decent bluegills that we kept.

Anyone else have any luck?

I hit the river early as usual and I was off by 9, started infront of the buffs park picked up two eaters before sun up and added one more around 7ish, caught a mix bag also heavy on the cat side, worked my way back down towards steamboat caught one really nice smallie but couldn't seem to find any eyes after 8 but there's always tomorrow, I'm planning on being on the water early again in the morning

Walli1 -- what boat do you have?

I added you on Myspace. Send me a message back sometime.

Fog so thick you can cut it with a knife, thank God for gps else it would've been tough to go any place. It was so so did manage to get one dandy eye which I released (24 1/2) and a few smallies no sheeps today, left the river by 9:30 red lund