• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

X15 issues

uffdapete

Question

I just bought and installed a used X15 and everthing works fine except at higher speeds it will usually lose the signal and "freeze up" at some random deep reading like 291'. It will usually reset after I slow down but sometimes I have to restart it by turning it off and on.

I'm not familiar with all the dos and don'ts and am guessing the transducer is not quite properly placed. It's on the transom centered between 2 ribs and the bottom of it is slightly below the water line, tilted very slightly down.

Thanks for the help!

3 answers to this question

My ducer rests flat. Try that. Mine did the same thing when the ducer was loose and wasnt level.

If you tinker with the transducer angle you should be able to find a spot where it works. Also try adjusting the ping speed to the highest. It should be listed it the sonar menu!

Between the ribs is the proper spot. you need to stay away from things that create bubbles in the water like ribs,keels etc.The transducer should be approx one half of it below the boat line and one half above so it keeps good contact with water surface. if it is too deep you get to much water disturbance and bubbles!