Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djSEGment

area lake reports?

6 posts in this topic

Got a buddy coming up from Roch. and looking for some pointers. Watab/Big Fish? How has the bass/walleye been? I do mostly river fishin and the buddy is bringing the boat. Would be helpful to be steered in the right direction for the weekend. Any news on Suger/Clearwater area....Thinking that for Sunday? Maybe?

Was on Big Fish on the evening of the 5th with my 8 year old fishing for Bass. We mostly fished docks and inside weedlines because that is what he prefers. We caught over 15 bass but mostly on the small side using jig worms and wacky worms. I think we would have caught bigger fish if we had fished the deep weedlines.

Was on a smaller lake near St. Cloud last night and basically fished the same techniques and only caught 6.

Nels

thanks

I have had sucess on Big Fish for bass in the deep weed line. 14-22 feet with plastics. Mainly south shore

Keep to the river! I had some good luck for Smallies in the middle of the day and eyes in the eve. Smallies have had size to them. Good luck!

In the thread labeled PEARL LAKE, looks like the bass were bitting well this last weekend. I was down by Willmar this last Sunday for a little bit visiting the 'rents on Nest Lake. The word is the bass are going ok there- with decent size smallies and largies being caught.