Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishin4Life

IE favorites

8 posts in this topic

I have a ton of favorites saved on my work computer and i want to transfer them to my home computer. They are current saved in IE, but at home I use firefox. Is there any easy way to do this with out typing them alllllllllllll out? There is so many!

Export from IE and import to Firefox after you copy the file to your Firefox folder.

Where are the favorites saved, that is my first problem getting them off of my work computer onto a disk so they are usable else where. I guess I am IE incompatent.

Open IE click file "upper left" Click Import/Export if the wizard pops up click next then select Export Favorites click next and then your going to Export to a file or address, click browse and choose where you want to Export the Favorites "burner, USB media, floppy drive"

Good luck....

Yes, as PierBridge says and then in Firefox, click on Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks... then a new window will open. Then in the new window click on File > Import... and select "From file" option. Then you will have to navigate to where you saved the IE export file and select it as the file/bookmarks to import.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I never even thought of using my bookmark settings from computer to computer. I've always just recreated them. Now I can do it the easy way grin.gif.

Awesome, thanks peir that worked great!

I usually export my fav's to my desktop every month or two and then email them to myself. It's a good way of keeping them in case my computer would go down.