Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Report 8-15/16

11 posts in this topic

Well here it is...Hooked up with a couple FMer's staying at fishmeisters cabin and went fishing for six hours on Tuesday. It went well, unfortunately we were constantly on the chase for some bigger fish. Found two good spots, one of which was loaded with 'eyes where a mud line met up with the rock, all the fish there were at biggest 12"-12 1/4" went out to another spot on an Island and Northlander hooked up with a nice 20-21" Moved and graphed a couple more spots with nothing on them, and went out into sand bay, where we found some 'eyes, but again small, with the exception of a couple.

That evening I went out with my dad after some crappies, we ended up catching and releasing 20-25 decent crappies, with a couple around 12" and two pushing 14". Found the fish in 30' of water, Northland Slupies were working best.

Wednesday 8-16, didn't make it out to Fishmeisters cabin in time to fish with Steve and Randy, I ended up going after crappies in Redgut, found a large school and ended up keeping my 10 with a combined weight on almost 16lbs!! A few fish pushed two, with the average being 1 1/2 lbs. Found them in 26-32' feet of water suspended four to sixteen feet off bottom.

Good Luck Fishing Everyone!!! grin.gif

Way to go Bill!!! Thats some great crappie action. I'm gonna have to change my log name to "Wish I Lived On Rainy"!!!

Hey Bill

I would have returned Your call if we had cell service at the cabin ,,,I didnt get them till we got to town this morning,,,Too bad as we did connect with some bigger fish wed morning and it would have been fun to fish with you

We are kicking around the idea of coming back up in sept some time and Im sure You will get a heads up from us

Thanks for Your company and guidance

Randy

Hey Bill, nice report...you didn't use your "Butt" seat for them slabs did ya smile.gif...hope to get up there next week for a couple of days...will stop in as usual...take care...phil

Bill too bad the darn cel dont work at the cabin. Would have liked to get out with ya again. We hope to get up again in Sept and Ill holler at ya before hand.

Northlander & Loonasea,

Your company was great also, I wanted to hook up with some bigger fish too, but thats the way it goes. I figured that you didn't have any cell service, but at the time it was the only thing that I could think of doing to get ahold of you, other than driving all the way back out to the lake again.

Take Care Guys, Looking Forward to Meeting up With Ya Again!! grin.gif

Bill keep in touch. E-mail me your cel # and we will hook up when you get down to UMD. What does your Sept. schedule look like?

Northlander, whats your e-mail? Mine is bluebill7788@hotmail.com. I have school from 8:00 am through 1:00 pm M-F. I don't know what hours I will be working, or if I will be working yet, I haven't heard from any of the places that I applied to. I'll drop you a message when I get that figured out.

Take Care! grin.gif

Oh its funny how my e-mail doesnt show up anymore on my posts. confused.gif

walleyes4me32@aol.com

Does that go back to the reading deal again, because I think that I may have missed it! confused.gif

Well I got it back now so its all good. Thanks S.T.