Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel man

predmore

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed that on the designated trout stream map info that now the stream that runs through predmore shows it to be a trout stream?Has anyone tried it?

I believe it runs entirely through private land.

Am curious about it though...

I fished it once several years ago because it was listed as a designated trout stream on my trout map from the 60's. I was hoping to find some secret treasure since it wasn't listed on the more recent trout maps. I fished it all the way from hwy 52 to where it meets the north branch of the root. There were very few decent spots for holding trout and I didn't catch any. I also poked sticks under banks and rocks etc to see if I could scare one out, but I never saw one either.

I had noticed that it was listed as a trout stream in the newest books also. I figured the DNR must have wanted to have more protection for that watershed.

yes i have fished it as well and the action was awesome on chubs. i couln't keep them off of my nymph. i believe that the name of the Creek is Kinney and i was told by a local that one man tried once for many years to manage it for trout and by the sounds of it his efforts were futal. I fished it from the spot it dumps into the Root and up stream about 4 miles of stream about 2 miles of road. and didn't even see a trout. The water was very clear and i could see to the bottom everywhere and i was very stealthy in my approach just hoping to see a trout. None were seen. i was hoping for the treasure as well, but none was found. Good luck to all those who venture and some excellent chub action. ike

Vearl Predmore used to go to my families church before he passed, he know we trout fished and talked of a time there were trout there. IN the 80's you could catch a trout or two where it dumps into the Root, but last time I was there the area had completely filled in with silt.