• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing report for SE Minnesota?

I'm from the Kansas City area and I'm thinking about heading up to SE MN this weekend for some trout fishing. I was up there in August a couple of years ago and had great luck on a number of the streams like Trout Run, Rush, Mill, etc.

I was just wondering if someone could help me out with a current fishing report in the area. It's about a seven hour drive so I hate to make it if conditions aren't great. In three hours I can be in the Ozarks where fishing has been fairly good.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to HotSpotOutdoors / FishingMinnesota.com

Here's a report from last weekend. Cold Water Troutin

Somebody will chime in with some better details on stream conditions, temps, hatches, etc.

Hey Moe!

The streams are in great shape. A bit stained with recent rains, but good nonetheless since there wasn't an excess of rain this summer. Water temperatures on the streams you mentioned are in the upper 50s and will be about the same this weekend. There is a decent chance for more rain in the area Friday evening through Saturday, but Sunday will be sunny. High temperatures Friday through Sunday will be in the middle 70s.

Grasshoppers are all over the meadows and pastures. smile.gif

Terrestrial patterns (hoppers, ants, crickets, madame x) are tons of fun this time of year and your typical nymph patterns like PTs, Princes, and scuds are producing too.

Bring your raingear in case you get caught in some downpours Saturday, but overall things are looking good.

Good luck!

Randy