Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sal

Mud Question....

4 posts in this topic

At what depth does the mud usually start or does it vary.

What do I look for on my graph.... a "fuzzy" bottom?

Thanks

SAL

Mud to hard bottom transitions on this lake vary from place to place, they're where you find them.... Anywheres from 1 foot to 30+ foot you can find them I'd reckon.

Depending on your sonar the bottom will show a color change or grayscale change, with a flasher the 'width' of the bottom return will be less over the soft bottom than the hard.

fiskyknut

Thanks.... Kinda what I would have guessed...

SAL

Sal, if you head out to fish the basin, look for fish not just mud. The schools that form up in the basin can be massive. When Fiskynut and I were out recently, we were on a school of fish that was enourmous. Most of the time there were 30 to 50 fish on the graph all the time. Fisky thought it looked like I was in simulator mode.

Good luck.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• delcecchi
      I have a couple of those covers.  Not sure what they are good for.  
    • delcecchi
      Likely story.....   Uffda
    • Tyler Holm
    • PRO-V
      11 days passed and no updates??
    • Bryan P
      For all you pan fish lovers, check out this beautiful pumpkin seed I found guarding the bed while I was out bass fishing. Couldn't help but get some video of this beaut! Enjoy!    
    • Bryan P
      For all you pan fish lovers, check out this beautiful pumpkin seed I found guarding the bed while I was out bass fishing. Couldn't help but get some video of this beaut! Enjoy!    
    • leech~~
      My live well has an adjustable shut off valve in side for filling and running fresh water. If I don't turn it down to a tickle when I have fish in it, it will over flow into the boat once full because the pump is pumping faster then the overflow can keep up.  Not sure if you have one of them in yours?  I've even had a few big eyes flipping around in there hit the valve open more.
    • BobT
      I believe minnows are a class of fish that remain small throughout their lives. They are part of the food chain and because of their small size we take advantage of their position in the ecosystem and use them for bait. There are exceptions of course but, as an example, for the most part adult golden shiners will typically grow to about 3" - 5" long. Adult fathead minnows will be 2" - 3" long typically. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      If the hoses or hose connections are not leaking check : Live well intake connection, make sure that it is screwed on tight into the transom and that it is sealing. Could be live well splash over also if you are in rough water, but probably not with your type of leak. It may still be leaking rivets as they may not leak unless you put a lot of water inside of the boat. It does sound like you have a bad connection in one of your live well connections! Cliff    
    • Mossy19
      Just wondering if any one will give me pointers on this lake??  Not specific spots.  Going to be at Pocahontas Resort July 1 - July 8th.  I am bass guy for most part but have kids (6 & 4) that love to fish for panfish and want them to keep entertained.  Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!