Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
eyepatrol

What would you do?

eyepatrol

There's a guy who got divorced where his wife got the boat in the divorce settlement and she is now selling it. Just assuming the boat is affordable to you, would you buy the boat or not? Personally speaking, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buying it. I could only imagine what I'd feel like in that position...wife taking my boat and selling it. I wouldn't give this lady the "pleasure" (and money for that matter) of selling the boat to me.

I should step back a minute though and say that if I knew the guy and we were hated rivals, then I'd buy the boat if I had the money and liked the boat. smirk.giftongue.gif

JMO

Valv

Judging from the amount of divorces lately, it wouldn't bother me a bit. If it was a friend of mine, maybe, depending on the cicumstances and causes of divorce.

I know of many GOOD deals that came out of divorces..... grin.gif

eyepatrol

There ya go Valv. Buy the boat from her at a good price then sell it back to her former husband! shocked.gifgrin.gif

Valv

LOL... No, that's nasty...... grin.gif

Geeez what kinda guy are you ??

eyepatrol

Devious! wink.gifgrin.gif

Nuts4Fishin

Been there. The guy might love to get his boat back. She might have gotten it in the settlement just to spite him. You know how attached we can sometimes get to our boats.

colonel42

This can be a very touchy subject. Been there before. Funny how things like boats, guns, and hunting land become ours after a marrage. Things like jewlery, clothes and nice cars become theirs. I have been divorced for six years and remarried and the ex still thinks she has a say in things I do. Granted we had two children together and I pay a large sum in child support to her she just won't go away. My ordeal wasn't a boat but a 1967 Camero that I bought when I was 13 years old. Well in the divorce she walked with my car. Turned and sold it to what used to be a friend of mine for half of what it was worth. He had the car for two weeks and rolled it. Sometimes I think she is just out to get revenge. As for buying the boat have some feelings for your buddy. Just my two cents worth.

fishyguy

The boat is being sold anyway and someone is going to buy it. If it is a friend's, buy it and work out a way to get it back to him. If it is a stranger, buy it anyways because some other stranger will buy it if you don't, so take the deal if it is there.

I grew up in a family of divorced parents and understand the sensitivities of it all but logic says that no matter your individual stance the divorce is done and the boat is gone.

harvey lee

I would buy another boat and not let her have the satisfaction of knowing I had to buy it back.Lots of boats out there.That might really get her. smile.gif

McGurk

Divorces aren't always caused by the wife; buy the boat.

eyepatrol

Just a point of clarification....I have no clue who the divorcees are, just saw that somehwere and thought it would be interesting to get other viewpoints. smirk.gif

Eric Wettschreck

If I was in the market for a boat, and this is what I was looking for, and the price was right, I'd buy it. Unless it was owned by a friend of mine cuz that would be weird.

Fishin4Life

Quote:

If I was in the market for a boat, and this is what I was looking for, and the price was right, I'd buy it. Unless it was owned by a friend of mine cuz that would be weird.

Yeah that would be like dating your friends Ex. Buddy of mine thought that would be a good idea. Trust me, it is not! They don't talk any more to say the least.

83walleye

Out of respect for those involved, stay out of it.

Rost

I'd tell her to sell it because you already bought another boat with the cash you had buried in the back yard. Then, the next time you pick up the kids...make sure you have your buddy's brand new Pro-V hooked up to your truck.

harvey lee

Very good Rost,I like that one.Only one problem with that is she may then play that agaisnt you with the kids.Some people sure like to put the kids in the middle and that can be a very bad deal.

SteveWilson

It's a boat, a thing, it has no life, no emotion, nothing. It doesn't feel, doesn't have empathy, doesn't feel lonely because it's former owner isn't around. It's her boat now, not his, the assets were divided up so move on.

Now, if she doesn't know the market value of the boat you have an opportunity to purchase it for less than market value if you can convince her to sell.

JohnMickish

Been there, done that. I would purchase it and take him out fishing in it. I'd let him know if he want's it he could buy it back but from my personal experiance, I'm guessing he wouldn't be able to afford a boat for a few years.