Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Dock Boy

Kessel is Gone

Dock Boy    0
Dock Boy

Just scene it on ESPN Kessel signs 3 year deal. I'm a big gopher fan as big as they come and this hurts.

Rolly22    0
Rolly22

I saw the news this AM as well. Sorry Gopher fans. I'd rather see him play in the WCHA instead of the AHL if that's where he ends up. I feel sorry for him going to Boston, but maybe with the new regime things will change for the franchise. I guess this helps my 'Dogs though.

Rolly

Dock Boy    0
Dock Boy

I really think your dogs may need more help than this though. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Hockey Guy    0
Hockey Guy

That's a great picture of him on ESPN.com. He looks like he needs to drop about 60 pounds. Actually, the picture reminds me of "Chunk" from the Gooney's movie.

He's still an ex-Gopher so I wish him the best of luck.

Lucia will have to go through his list of drafted players now and figure out who will fill his spot. grin.gif

What's up with Tyler Hersh (sp) coming back? I know he had a lot of points for the Gophers but I'm not sure about this move. Donny... Tyler's a little unstable don't you think?

870Express    0
870Express

This does not please me. Is Wheeler coming back for sure?

Quackaddict9    0
Quackaddict9

wheeler isnt ready for the pro ranks, and yes he should be coming back to the Gophers this fall.

Flash    0
Flash

Jay Barriball will do just fine for the Gophies. He's better than Kessel.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Hockey Guy    0
Hockey Guy

Barriball better than Kessel? I hope your joking! Barriball is pretty small and would be much better off going to junior hockey before playing for the Gophers. Good skilled player though.

Jill    0
Jill

That's pretty funny, he does resemble Chunk...

200px-Truffle_Shuffle.jpg

kessel_phil-draft.jpg

870Express    0
870Express

I think Bariball is playing in the USHL for a year before the Gophers.

Flash    0
Flash

Hockey Guy,

Actually, Jay is my nephew. I know absolutely zippo about hockey. I just had respond as Lucia said Barriball is moving up. Yes, he is pretty small but he has made it through so far. He apparently is good if he's on the Gophers. To me, pretty much every Hockey player is the same. The team that gets the puck to richocet the right way wins.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

Quote:

To me, pretty much every Hockey player is the same. The team that gets the puck to richocet the right way wins

Thats just good material... I've got to remember that.

PierBridge    0
PierBridge

Thanks Jill and Flash that's funny Chit.... grin.gif

Hockey Guy    0
Hockey Guy

I could be wrong, but this is the situation as I understand it: Jay Barriball played a few games last year in the USHL but was expected to be a full time player this year. He already committed to play college hockey at the University of Minnesota for the 2007-08 season. Since it looks like a jail break at the U with everyone leaving early, Barriball would be called up to start this year by Lucia. They would have liked Jay to have a full year of USHL before college but he is a top notch player and should do fine if he plays this year.

Flash    0
Flash

You are right. They really wanted him to go to USHL. Jay did spend last spring out there. Their plan was to ship him out there and put some meat on his bones and try to get him stronger. I guess that changed as so many players are leaving early. Jay's going to have keep his eye open for those big Canucks chasing him around.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

870Express    0
870Express

Quote:

I think Bariball is playing in the USHL for a year before the Gophers.

I stand corrected

NAPAFISH    0
NAPAFISH

Quote:

That's pretty funny, he does resemble Chunk...

200px-Truffle_Shuffle.jpg

kessel_phil-draft.jpg

This is a spitting image

Kessel

Your elite status has been revoked

You are now a cheddar lander again

PierBridge    0
PierBridge

Quote:

Kessel

Your elite status has been revoked

You are now a cheddar lander again

No doubt......

IFallsRon    0
IFallsRon

Two assists in his first pro practice game.

DEADhead    0
DEADhead

Barriball's 11 points so far is more than Kessel could muster last year. Plus Barriball's not a cheesehead. The Bruins can keep Kessel...