Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dock Boy

Kessel is Gone

20 posts in this topic

Just scene it on ESPN Kessel signs 3 year deal. I'm a big gopher fan as big as they come and this hurts.

I saw the news this AM as well. Sorry Gopher fans. I'd rather see him play in the WCHA instead of the AHL if that's where he ends up. I feel sorry for him going to Boston, but maybe with the new regime things will change for the franchise. I guess this helps my 'Dogs though.

Rolly

I really think your dogs may need more help than this though. laugh.giflaugh.gif

That's a great picture of him on ESPN.com. He looks like he needs to drop about 60 pounds. Actually, the picture reminds me of "Chunk" from the Gooney's movie.

He's still an ex-Gopher so I wish him the best of luck.

Lucia will have to go through his list of drafted players now and figure out who will fill his spot. grin.gif

What's up with Tyler Hersh (sp) coming back? I know he had a lot of points for the Gophers but I'm not sure about this move. Donny... Tyler's a little unstable don't you think?

This does not please me. Is Wheeler coming back for sure?

wheeler isnt ready for the pro ranks, and yes he should be coming back to the Gophers this fall.

Jay Barriball will do just fine for the Gophies. He's better than Kessel.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Barriball better than Kessel? I hope your joking! Barriball is pretty small and would be much better off going to junior hockey before playing for the Gophers. Good skilled player though.

That's pretty funny, he does resemble Chunk...

200px-Truffle_Shuffle.jpg

kessel_phil-draft.jpg

I think Bariball is playing in the USHL for a year before the Gophers.

Hockey Guy,

Actually, Jay is my nephew. I know absolutely zippo about hockey. I just had respond as Lucia said Barriball is moving up. Yes, he is pretty small but he has made it through so far. He apparently is good if he's on the Gophers. To me, pretty much every Hockey player is the same. The team that gets the puck to richocet the right way wins.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Quote:

To me, pretty much every Hockey player is the same. The team that gets the puck to richocet the right way wins

Thats just good material... I've got to remember that.

Thanks Jill and Flash that's funny Chit.... grin.gif

I could be wrong, but this is the situation as I understand it: Jay Barriball played a few games last year in the USHL but was expected to be a full time player this year. He already committed to play college hockey at the University of Minnesota for the 2007-08 season. Since it looks like a jail break at the U with everyone leaving early, Barriball would be called up to start this year by Lucia. They would have liked Jay to have a full year of USHL before college but he is a top notch player and should do fine if he plays this year.

You are right. They really wanted him to go to USHL. Jay did spend last spring out there. Their plan was to ship him out there and put some meat on his bones and try to get him stronger. I guess that changed as so many players are leaving early. Jay's going to have keep his eye open for those big Canucks chasing him around.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Quote:

I think Bariball is playing in the USHL for a year before the Gophers.

I stand corrected

Quote:

That's pretty funny, he does resemble Chunk...

200px-Truffle_Shuffle.jpg

kessel_phil-draft.jpg

This is a spitting image

Kessel

Your elite status has been revoked

You are now a cheddar lander again

Quote:

Kessel

Your elite status has been revoked

You are now a cheddar lander again

No doubt......

Two assists in his first pro practice game.

Barriball's 11 points so far is more than Kessel could muster last year. Plus Barriball's not a cheesehead. The Bruins can keep Kessel...