Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ProSport

Hey Lund 95,

Tried to email you but my email said your address was invalid. I was trying to email at adamstand@yahoo is this correct.

Lund 95

Sorry about the delay... with my wedding and chasing muskies been pretty busy lately. Yeah that is the right one.... don't know what the trouble was.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bass Thumb
      I have been using a Strikemaster Lithium Lazer 50v electric auger the last couple years. Very happy with it, but I'm limited to about 70-100 feet of ice drilled per charge, depending on temp/hardness of ice. That's more than enough for most bluegill trips, but it's lacking when the ice gets thick and I'm trying to find walleyes on big water during full-day trips. I find myself not drilling as many holes as I would like in an attempt to ration the charge. I just picked up an Eskimo P1 Rocket 8" propane auger. My buddy has the 10" and it's the best auger I've ever used. If anyone wants to really aerate a lake, the Rocket fits the bill. I'll use this along with the Strikemaster electric to meet all of my drilling needs. I haven't used the Rocket yet. It's in the mail. I'm excited at it's light weight in particular. 26 pounds. 
    • leech~~
      Next time you give it a try. Take a flash light and look up to make sure the throttle flapper is returning to the closed position when you let off the gas and it dies. I have had them stick open or half open then your more or less trying to restart it at half or full throttle which may just be flooding it out. It's either starving for gas or flooding.  Let us know if you solve it.  Good Luck.
    • huntnfish
      I never fished north of Wahpeton. When I fished down there I'd go south. There's normally some walleye biting early in the year south of the main road through town. I don't know how it would be this time of year. I always fished it first ice because that was usually fishable before most lakes. If you do go out I'd recommend bringing someone along and having a chisel along to check ice. That river ice can be very inconsistent. 
    • sparetime
      I ordered a rebuild kit from amazon for less than $5.00, so hopefully that will help.  YouTube has some videos on installing it.  It is an odd thing, if it sits for a while it will start and I can run it.  Once I take it off full throttle, it will die and I can't get it to restart.  Thanks for the posts so far, I appreciate it. 
    • fishin_magician2
      Anyone ever fish this lake? Buddy of mine wants to try it?
    • leech~~
      For cleaning carbs I use Gumout spray with the tube on it to shoot through all the passage ways. If I'm finding one not flowing well or clogged I like to use a gas welding tip cleaner. There are a lot of sizes and you don't have to jam something to big through it which could widen and ruin the flow. I got a nice pretty new little chain saw from a guy who just could not get it running for Free. Found that no spray would go through the main jet when I was cleaning the carb. Used the tip cleaner to knock out a piece of saw dust, and clear our Deer trails out really nice this year! Like Wanderer and Borch said, rebuild kits are cheap and a good thing to do if it's been gummed up.  p.s those little piss-ant needle flow valve springs are really fun to get back in place with fat fingers! They like to jump off the work bench and hide!!  
    • Tom Sawyer
      Sounds fun Jeff!, The way the ice has set up this year maybe it will happen after all. I would like to start getting a few prizes together for Biggest Cat, and also a kids division. Hopefully someone can bring a few good ones to the scales...
    • Wanderer
      @donethat Where is this access you speak of?  I’m not familiar with “bullhead bay”.  Is there a problem with people trespassing? The access I was referring to last year looked pretty public to me.
    • Borch
      Carb kit may help.  It's plugged or gasket/diaphragm dried out or cracked.  Alternating between choke and open when running will sometimes help if diaphram.
    • Wanderer
      Anything new that way?  I was kicking around the idea of fishing Fish Trap this weekend but went elsewhere in the area.  Been finding 14-15 inches regularly.
  • Share & Have Fun