• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shot Captive Bear

tealitup

Did anyone read the paper today about a country singer buying a captive bear and killing it in a closed pen with a bow. Then tagging the bear like it had been killed in the wild.

Note to Admin: I did not state any names - please feel free to add names if it is okay with you since it was in the news)

It happened here in MN too.

What are people thinking? They videotaped it too......... And tried to edit it to create what looks like a fair chase kill.

Lead singer for Montgomery Gentry from what I saw in the paper.

I think this happens quite a bit more than we think, especially with whitetails in penned-up situations. If original footage is destroyed, and only edited video is kept, this seems to be hard to prove.

Joel

anybody got a link to it? It sickens me, didnt they ever hear of 3-D ranges. I think everybody should protest this band and not buy CD;s or tickets,

Hey it worked with the Dixie Chicks.

Thank god...

Quote:

What a tough guy. I bet he's proud.

Exactly, if your naoy man enought to go out and hunt game fairly then dont hunt at all

yea that makes me sick too. just more fuel for the anti's agaist the guys that really hunt ethically.

The St. Paul paper today says that the bear wasn't killed in a pen, it was killed in a 2 or 3 acre enclosure and took the hunter(more like shooter) 2 hours to get a clean shot with his bow. Maybe this guy should be locked up in a small pen if he wants to call that hunting.

The Dixie Chicks shot a bear???? grin.gif

Hey I'm a tough guy and even I wouldn't shoot a bear in a cage. tongue.gif

Some of the wealthy think that is hunting.They could just as well go to the zoo.Then they have it mounted and put it in there house and brag about it.They are not hunters and never will be.Money can take care of any lack of skill needed.

"The American Sportsman"

Makes me sick and even worse another smudge on the face of hunting. Maybe him and Jimmy could do a video together.

It is just like one of those deer hunting shows where the "hunter" is seated in a game farm and there are 10 deer milling around at any given moment while the guy waits for "Mr. Big". Doesn't matter if it is 3 acres or 30 acres, it's all the same and we should protest all this type of "hunting" footages.

Quote:

anybody got a link to it? It sickens me, didnt they ever hear of 3-D ranges. I think everybody should protest this band and not buy CD;s or tickets,

Hey it worked with the Dixie Chicks.

Thank god...

Things like this are sickening. I think we should protest country music as a whole. I know I do, tongue.giftongue.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Quote:

Things like this are sickening. I think we should protest country music as a whole. I know I do,
tongue.giftongue.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

What are we gonna listen to when we are feeling guilty for what we have done?

A guy that can afford any guided trip anywhere and settles for that? Whatta door knob and youre right on about the anti fuel it's adding.

I agree with almostthere ,the deer hunts we watch on tv are basically the same just on a larger scale. Dont get me wrong if these guys want to pay x amount of dollars to shoot a big buck over a feed pile then let them, but we all know money cant buy true satisfaction of hunting and harvesting a true wild animal trophy or not.The story about the bear is plain embarassing!Good luck to all of my fellow hunters this fall.

Quote:

Quote:

Things like this are sickening. I think we should protest country music as a whole. I know I do,
tongue.giftongue.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

What are we gonna listen to when we are feeling guilty for what we have done?

Lamb Of God grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifooo.gifooo.gif

Of all the people that responded to this Thread, how many of you have been to a game farm to shoot pheasants that were penned up earlier in the day?

How is this different?

Mike

Yes I have been to a pheasant farm and that is different. The one and only reason I have ever gone is to train a young dog. Also, the pheasants sole purpose in life is to be raised, bought, and shot for fun and food. This guy is just a dumba$$ that wants to pretend or fool other people that he was a real hunter. Another thing is, once the pheasant are let go they have hours are free to fly anywhere they want. (its not our fault they don't) There are even more differences, but I have stuff to do and no time to go on.

Never Mike have you? Anyway that is different. The birds can fly away any time they want to. This Bear can't run away.

Also if it was a captive bear then let loose in the wild I wouldnt have a issue with it but being it was in 1 small cage to another 1-3 acre cage then I have an issue with it.

Can you honestly say this is sporting? If you can, enough said...

Mike, what if I haven't shot pen birds???

I'm not against training dogs at gamefarms, but I've never done it or thought shooting pen birds as the equivalent to hunting.

Perchking, Yes I have been to a gamefarm, to train my dog. Yes I have shot penned pheasants and no I didn't think it was very sporting, to answer your question.

I have been to a gamefarm where I watched as the farm "planted" the birds. They dizzy them up and throw them in the grass. They didn't have much of a chance to fly away prior to the dog finding them. They did fly away after I missed them shocked.gif

Just wondering guys, thanks for the replys.

Mike

I too have done the pheasant gamefarm thing. In no way do I consider it hunting. It's boning up on your shooting and putting some meat in the pot. I use it to train my dogs. The last couple of years I've just been too busy to get out in the field so I take my wife and dogs to one just for them, not me, well OK, it's still a little fun. I would never go to a gamefarm or pen to shoot big game and then try to pass it off as hunting. I've watched some of those outdoor hunting shows and in small print it will sometimes explain that they are high fence animals. Which means they may be on 1000 acres but it's still a controlled hunt for certain specified indivduals that the guide put them on. Not really hunting either. And I love how they're acting like they are tracking the shot animal,not sure where it might have gone or if they got a clean kill and then are all excited when the do find it. But the cameraman is already standing over the kill filming their excitement. Fake.

I guess I could never consider shooting birds from a gamefarm hunting... but shooting an animal in a pen is plain embarrassing.

Mike,

Then I dont see why your first post was ripping on the “HUNTERS” yes Mike HUNTERS who think this is despicable.

Also a dizzy bird still has a better chance than that bear.

Perchking, How was I " ripping " on hunters? I asked a simple question. I myself hunt... alot.

Someone needs a nap!

Mike

If the bear killed his dog, stole his girlfriend, and wrecked his truck he was perfectly justified for cornering it in a cage and running an arrow through it.